• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

whole lotta mp2 presets...

Started by mistermikev, October 12, 2024, 06:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistermikev

so starting off with the presets I made myself.  individually saved as .sysx.  somewhere around 59 of them.  last few are for bass.
would have a screenshot of them but can't host images here so... is what it is.
(EDIT - I think maybe 12 or so of those presets came from cherry picking vansins uploads... just wanted to give credit there as I overlooked that)

doesn't look like after the initial post you can attatch... have another zip of just presets I got off this site in sysx format. 

so... I use the mp2 with my axe fx.  take the amp block and modify it to be a power amp only... so these presets are going to vary widely if you are just tossing them in front of a single power amp fyi.  have played a few guitars through them... my jem, a super strat, and a few thinline teles... so afa pickups they should generally be dialed in for a wide range. 

got the mp2 about 9 months ago... have a triaxis and was looking for something that might cover a bit more of the saturated solo area... and boy does this do that.  was really surprised at the wide variety of mid gain and clean sounds - nobody told me.  this thing accelerates at that and that is usually my home.  bit noisy on hi gain setting but - with great gain comes great responsibility.  anyway,

Dante

Welcome to the Depot!

I keep switching back & forth between the MP-2 and my MP-1 Classic....Maybe I should put them both in one rack and call it a day :grin:

Thanks for the patches

rnolan

Hay mistermikev, welcome to the depot :wavingsmiley: .  I've used MP-2 exclusively now since I bought my first one new (early 1990's).  I used MP-1 for many years before that.  I like them both but the MP-2 floated my boat and is way better appointed.  There's a noise mod you can do if you are handy with a soldering iron, 1 resistor and 21 caps but even then you need the noise gate for really high gain stuff, as you say with great gain comes great responsibility.

You can attach multiple files to each post you make, but I've found I need to click on the "Click or drag files to attach them" and then select them rather than drag them, as dragging them doesn't seem to work.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

Hey mistermikev,

Welcome to the Forum  :thumb-up:

It's always good to see new members who are into ADA gear. I've never used the AxeFX, or anything like it, I have plenty of power amps for my preamps.

Thanks for sharing the presets with us. I tried opening it to look at them, but they are all sysex files, so I may have to install them in one of my MP-2's and see how they work out.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

mistermikev

Quote from: Dante on October 12, 2024, 09:50:06 PMWelcome to the Depot!

I keep switching back & forth between the MP-2 and my MP-1 Classic....Maybe I should put them both in one rack and call it a day :grin:

Thanks for the patches
thank you Dante.  You are welcome and in turn... thank you for your patches on the site.  At some point, I'd like to add a classic to my settup as well.  that said I have an mb1 for my bass and it has some really good mid gain settings for guitar.  can never have enough tho!!

mistermikev

Quote from: rnolan on October 13, 2024, 12:22:30 AMHay mistermikev, welcome to the depot :wavingsmiley: .  I've used MP-2 exclusively now since I bought my first one new (early 1990's).  I used MP-1 for many years before that.  I like them both but the MP-2 floated my boat and is way better appointed.  There's a noise mod you can do if you are handy with a soldering iron, 1 resistor and 21 caps but even then you need the noise gate for really high gain stuff, as you say with great gain comes great responsibility.

You can attach multiple files to each post you make, but I've found I need to click on the "Click or drag files to attach them" and then select them rather than drag them, as dragging them doesn't seem to work.
thank you rnolan and thank you as well for your patches on the site! I'm quite handy with an iron... have a basic understanding of electronics such that I've built my own layouts for anything from a ce2 to just about any dirt box imaginable... that said I have stopped short of ever working near high voltage because I'm an airhead.  that said, there is a guy local to me that knows the mp1 pretty well and sooner or later i'll probably bring it in and point him to the threads re the noise mods.  that said... between the noise gate on the mp2 and the gate in my axe fx... very manageable.   

mistermikev

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on October 13, 2024, 03:11:59 AMHey mistermikev,

Welcome to the Forum  :thumb-up:

It's always good to see new members who are into ADA gear. I've never used the AxeFX, or anything like it, I have plenty of power amps for my preamps.

Thanks for sharing the presets with us. I tried opening it to look at them, but they are all sysex files, so I may have to install them in one of my MP-2's and see how they work out.
hello, thank you!  and thank you for your patches as well.  for the record... you can open them with the mp2 editor and see the settings if hooking up via midi and actually importing is not ideal. 
we are very lucky to have an editor this nice for such an old device (ty for the work whomever built that!)

rnolan

Hey mistermikev, If you mean the last one that runs on Windows OS (needs .Net) it was written by Valdiorn.  So it's written in C# and uses Windows presentation framework (WPF) with .Net.  He did a great job but I want to change some of the GUI.  He used rotary control widgets for all the controls.  Some controls would be better if they were sliders (e.g. Eq) and some pick lists or radio buttons (e.g. voice selection). And also wheel mouse control of the rotary controls would be handy.  I find I run out of screen real estate as you have to move the mouse vertically :-(.

But as you say, we are lucky to have it.  BTW there are 2 other editors I'm aware of (and posted on here some where), one that does MP-1, MP-2 and MB-1 and one written for chrome.

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few