• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

She Sells Sanctuary, (tips please)

Started by rnolan, July 03, 2024, 05:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnolan

Hey Harley, the NUX was a good tip :thumb-up: , I wasn't aware of them, but then I don't really go looking.  Thinking about it more, it would be perfect for that Blackstar 45 as they both have enough midi to make it quite useful.  Maybe the Blackstar would sound better with different preamp tubes? but it's academic from my perspective.

I'd really like to pick up a Lexicon.  When I got a bit serious about getting one they had been bought out and changed.  The new units IIRC only do 2 Fx at a time so I'd have to get a second hand earlier unit like the units you have suggested.  How is the power supply done for those? (MPX-1, LXP-15), I'd need to be able to use it on 240v.

I quite like the ISP-33, it's a great pitch shifter but it's very old and the transformer hums through the top lid.  When you take the top off it's fine, I futzed around try to fix that with limited/not much success.  My last thoughts about it were to put it into my studio rack where I can use the mixer to integrate it.

But in a 4 RU rack I don't have much real estate.  As you say, a DSP-128 would probably do the job and the interface on the Digitech units is fairly intuitive.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

Richard,

The Cerberus is only one of the multi-effects units NUX makes. I only mentioned it because I have one, and I built a pedal rig around it. They introduced a newer, more powerful unit a year or two ago called the Trident. I haven't looked into that because I've been focused on other pedalboard builds.

The MPX-1 and LXP-15 don't have external power supplies. They are pre-Harmon era machines and are very deep rack machines. That's why I needed rear-rack rails and rack shelves in the back of my racks, to support these units. The MPX-G2 is a more guitar-oriented effects processor. Each of the MPX-1s have dual effects processors and incorporate many of the best effects from legendary Lexicon effects of the past including the Prime Flange from the Lexicon 480L. When Harmon Group bought Lexicon, that's when the shallow, external powered units hit the market. So, there are 220V versions of these rack units out there.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!