• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

ADA MP-2 editor

Started by rADAr, November 16, 2016, 02:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kim

Quote from: MarshallJMP on May 16, 2017, 12:01:59 PM
Nope, I did work on it a bit but I just don't have the time to finish it (story of my life  :D ).

We're rowing the same boat.   Lol

rnolan

Ok time to revise this old thread. I finally bought a USB <> MIDI connector, connected to a MP-2 and tried out the program.  While the back end work is great the interface is cludgy because of the rotary knobs and only one way to change them i.e. swipe up down with mouse while clicking left button.  So I started looking into how to change the UI.  The UI is in WPF (now deprecated) and the code is C# using .NET.  So far a friend has been able to change the knob widget to a slider but we haven't worked out the communication with C# yet, so you can't (it seems) just swap them.  I also want to add scroll wheel support and direct edit of the value(s) and pick lists or radio buttons for things like voice selection.   Also I want to move the program selection to top left corner (seems a more usable place for it) and get rid of the 2 screens showing the hex program values, while I'm sure they are interesting, they don't add value when programming a patch (that I can see) and take up quite a bit of screen real estate. 

I have a longer wish list like being able to do RTM assignments, but getting the UI easier to use while auditioning the patch is my immediate focus.  It would be good to leverage of all the DSP/VST stuff as some of those plug ins have really good UIs (e.g. the MP-1 plug in) but I suspect that would mean re-engineering the C# into C/C++.  But then maybe it can be cross platform. As Valdiorn said, he used the tools he had and was very familiar with.  Unfortunately, they are now quite dated/deprecated  (e.g. WPF) and .NET dependant. My friend helping with this said you need an older version of visual studio for the C# .NET stuff.

So we are working on it (in our/his spare time).

@valdiron, are you still around ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few