ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo  (Read 606 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante,

I'm glad you figured out a way to make it work, but it still makes me scratch my head wondering why it won't respond to the MXC. After all, it's still just your basic MIDI controller. That's weird.

Harley 8)
I used to be ambivalent. Now, I'm just not sure...

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I don't get it either - at least I knew that the amp was on midi channel 1 with the MXC, that solved half the mystery. No idea why the CC numbers wouldn't jive....it's possible the CC numbers are different for the Switchblade than they are for the Grandmeister series (I was referencing the Grandmeister 36 manual).  :dunno:
ADA Gear: MP-1 Classic | MP-2 | MicroTube 200 | MicroFet | MXC w/Quad Switch
Current Live Rig (wait 10 min., it'll change): Peavey Classic 20mh head into the matching 1x12 speaker cab, using my Boss MS3 via 4CM.
Current Rack rig: Digitech 2120 > ADA MT-200 > 1x12 Thiele cab (EV Force speaker)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

From what I can read in the switchblade manual is that it doesn't respond to midi CC only program change??

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Ahh, well that explains it  :facepalm: .  Can you have lots of different HK patches with different fx ?  Not as cool but workable...
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

I found out (while doing research to get this thing to work) that I have the original (old style) Switchblade. They came out with a new circuit later when they added the TSC versions (a Tube Status Checker I think)...it could be that my amp simply doesn't take the CC #s, but subsequent versions do. The amp tech told me that may be an issue - the later ones are more computer than amp (he says).

So, I'm using the MS-3 just like I do with the Peavey except I have 4 amp channels at my disposal (instead of 2) and I'm using the midi cable to switch patches instead of an instrument cable. I can still hit the Manual button to access stombox mode and add a delay or whatever.
ADA Gear: MP-1 Classic | MP-2 | MicroTube 200 | MicroFet | MXC w/Quad Switch
Current Live Rig (wait 10 min., it'll change): Peavey Classic 20mh head into the matching 1x12 speaker cab, using my Boss MS3 via 4CM.
Current Rack rig: Digitech 2120 > ADA MT-200 > 1x12 Thiele cab (EV Force speaker)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

I have the service manual for these and had a look around, mostly solid state preamp and one ECC83 to "warm up" the sound so no real tube distortion and a full tube power amp. DSP chip for the effects and 3 ATMEGA 8 bit ┬Ácontrollers for all the "computing"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up