ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rane - MPE14 - power supply conversion  (Read 1404 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Hi everyone,

I can get one of these at a price I like, however it's US voltage.  How difficult would it be for me to find a UK 18v PSU then fit a output plug to fit the Rane unit.  From what I can tell the Rane units external PSU's have a little phone/network style plug to them and it's pretty unusual to say the least.  I do not want to have to use this unit with a step down transformer as they are a pain.

Any thoughts on if this is possible or not?
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
Re: Rane - MPE14 - power supply conversion
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

yeah Gerry its like we talked about with a RJ11 phone connector i am positive it would work with the right transformer. MJMP?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

The thing sold  >:(

He has an MPE 28 but it looks like overkill to me for my needs.  Looks a little more time consuming to use and not sure if it would make sense buying that instead.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Well you make one I guess or rebuild the 110V with a new transformer. The output is 2 x 9Vac 750mA. Internally in the unit you will get 15 and -15V and 5V.
I attached the datasheet of the power supply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up