ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Twin Tube GFX-1  (Read 27901 times)

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
Re: Twin Tube GFX-1
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

I was actually able to buy two holders and two batteries on amazon. that link you had was good and said in stock so i bought them. The batteries came already they are fine and the holders already shipped we'll see. I get my other unit on friday so well see the condition of that.

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

Is it held on the pcb by the pcb pins?

I think you can also use 3.6V AA battery's normally, these are  a lot easier to find.

The battery, at the moment, it's not an issue: the Exell A21 is a fully compatible 4.5V battery, that fits the holder and works fine.
Mine measure 4.68V!

The Keystone 139 with PC pins is an issue...  :facepalm:
To answer your question, yes..the holder is soldered to PCB by PC pins.

« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

I was actually able to buy two holders and two batteries on amazon. that link you had was good and said in stock so i bought them. The batteries came already they are fine and the holders already shipped we'll see. I get my other unit on friday so well see the condition of that.

Very good!
So you've got both batteries and correct holder from Amazon?

I bought another 2 batteries: one for spare (you never know) and the other for the 2nd Twin Tube I will try to fix.
The problem for me is that NONE would ship those holders to Italy....Jesus Christ....to buy drug or cobalt from US is easier.

At the moment, I fixed the original holder with a screw and a nut.  :lol:
The battery stays in place and there are 4.68V between lugs...so it should work, once soldered to PCB.
I'm not sure if the 2222 Keystone Holder, that should be for AA batteries and has PC pins, would fit 139 measures nor if the battery would fit this new holder.
On the run again!

bunkyloo

« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

Well I received and installed the new holder works great and the other unit that arrived today was in really good condition and didn't need half the things I was figuring. So I am going to sell the one with the new holder ( I felt to bad to sell it with hot glue repair) because the face is a little rough and the new one is near perfect and it came with ruby tubes hah remember those? I haven't heard about them in years but anyway it's a newer unit too so there is that. I will update after I give it a play and make the final decision.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: good news for modern man  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

Well I received and installed the new holder works great and the other unit that arrived today was in really good condition and didn't need half the things I was figuring. So I am going to sell the one with the new holder ( I felt to bad to sell it with hot glue repair) because the face is a little rough and the new one is near perfect and it came with ruby tubes hah remember those? I haven't heard about them in years but anyway it's a newer unit too so there is that. I will update after I give it a play and make the final decision.

So, you've got new holder from Amazon. Is that the correct one, equal to the original?
Can you post a picture? I cannot find a way to buy one, damn' it!

Are you based in the US? Yes, I suppose...
Is there an easy way for you to buy a couple of those holders for me and ship them to Italy?
If that can be arranged and it doesn't cost too much, I could send you the money by PayPal.

Did you test the unit already? What about?
I know Ruby tubes very well.  :lol:
On the run again!

bunkyloo

« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

Heres a picture of the one I am saving for the future. It is a exact replacement and yes I am in the US and they were only i think 4 dollars each if you want to send me an address i can get a shipping quote for you not a problem. The newer unit seems to sound much heavier but truly just as clean. I haven't dug too deep yet but I will soon. Steve

Iperfungus

« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

Heres a picture of the one I am saving for the future. It is a exact replacement and yes I am in the US and they were only i think 4 dollars each if you want to send me an address i can get a shipping quote for you not a problem. The newer unit seems to sound much heavier but truly just as clean. I haven't dug too deep yet but I will soon. Steve

Hi Steve!
Apologies for the late reply.
Well, the price for those items is around 4 dollars, right.
The main problem, of course, are shipping costs....basically, being in Italy and buying from the US, I risk to buy a 4 dollars item and have it shipped for 30/40 dollars...which makes no sense, obviously.

Anyway, I live in Genova, Italy.
ZIP code is 16149.
If you've time to let me have a shipping quote from there, it would be widely appreciated!

Thanks a lot!  :thumb-up:
On the run again!

bunkyloo

« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

Bumping a old thread here but I purchased another GFX1 and of course dead battery and broken holder and since I had a extra one of each from the last one I repaired I just swapped it out.
Well after replacing it the unit will not boot up. If you bull the battery out it works fine. I rechecked my work 2 times disassemble and check again everything is solid.
It must have been this way because it always booted before with a dead battery. Any ideas or thoughts would be great.
Thanks in advance steve.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

Just had a look at the schematics ,there is backup management system ic (U19) in this thing (ICL7673) maybe there is something wrong there. I see it's also connected to the RAM CE2 (Chip Enable) input .So... just guessing here.

What happends if you start it up without battery and then put the battery in when it's running?

bunkyloo

« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

It will crash instantly when I install the battery.
« Last Edit: Time Format by bunkyloo »

bunkyloo

« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

I removed U19 and it boots up normally  makes sense so fingers crossed I ordered a new one from mouser we shall see.
Thanks MJMP great help as always.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

daayyumm, MJMP is like McGyver on a PCB

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

daayyumm, MJMP is like McGyver on a PCB

;D

@bunkyloo, don't fire it up again until you get the replacement, since the CE2 of the RAM is floating now, you could get some weird stuff this way. I do hope this was the problem.

Edit: just saw that CE2 is not floating without U19, my bad.

« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

bunkyloo

« Reply #74 on: Time Format »

@MJMP 10-4 thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up