ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockman XL100  (Read 61341 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Rockman XL100
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

Yeah I bought it off ebay man.

Majorly bummed out!!

I was paranoid it was something to do with the power supply I was using but I fail to see what is wrong with my power supply.  It states 12v ac 500MA

the power supply I used was 12v ac 1.5A

So bizar that it flat out makes no sound.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Majorly bummed out!!

I was paranoid it was something to do with the power supply I was using but I fail to see what is wrong with my power supply.  It states 12v ac 500MA

I'm confused, RG:  there is no AC adapter for the Sustainer - it should have a cord that plugs into a wall outlet.  If not, then yours has been doctored!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Majorly bummed out!!

I'm confused, RG:  there is no AC adapter for the Sustainor - it should have a cord that plugs into a wall outlet.  If not, then yours has been doctored!

I was about to say no way, but I just did an internet search and came up with this right away.  Must be European Sustainors use adapters

check this
http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/rockman-sustainor-142260.jpg
mine is the same only I had to use my own adapter

clipping light stays on even with nothing plugged in  :dunno:
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Majorly bummed out!!

I'm confused, RG:  there is no AC adapter for the Sustainor - it should have a cord that plugs into a wall outlet.  If not, then yours has been doctored!

I was about to say no way, but I just did an internet search and came up with this right away.  Must be European Sustainors use adapters

check this
http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/rockman-sustainor-142260.jpg
mine is the same only I had to use my own adapter

clipping light stays on even with nothing plugged in  :dunno:

Well, one way or the other you should return it.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Well, one way or the other you should return it.

yeah absolutley man.  I wonder what the hell it could be?  Seems really strange to me.  I thinking these guys sold it to me and only turned it on and didn't try getting sound out of it.  I asked before I bought it and they said it was working.  f**king angry about it!  Particularly when I could have bought a Gallien Krueger 2000cpl instead!!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

well.............................................. :dunno:

The seller being a totaly f**king legend!!!  Give me a full refund and said I can keep the unit and try and fix it!!!

I actually felt bad because they didn't want it back.  They did say it was working before it left Italy.  So I guess it worked out kinda.  I have the dough back and broken Rockman lol

Anyone know how to fix 'em?  MJMP? (hahaha I torture you man)

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

There are at least two good Rockman repair shops in the US.  It may not be cost-effective to send the unit across the pond.......

I suggest you look for another one!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

Hey go RG, at least your not out of pocket  :thumb-up: . Hey not that I'm the expert here but I'll throw some ideas in (as is my way), so a clip light on with nothing plugged in is sounding like a short to me... Well it can't hurt to give all the connectors (jacks) a good clean, and plug in/remove jacks to open/close jack plug shorts etc (spray/cleaning in between). If it was working before they sent it, then it "may" be just a gummy jack ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

There are at least two good Rockman repair shops in the US.  It may not be cost-effective to send the unit across the pond.......

I suggest you look for another one!

Yeah I found both of them.  One is about $10 cheaper than the other for a complete refurb.  To be honest it would cost as much as I paid for it to get it refurbed by these guys.  Since I am getting all my money back I guess I could afford it.  Still it does seem like an awful lot of money.

@Richard, I think it is worth taking a look myself.  I have already looked inside, it is immaculate looking.  The jack looked fine to me but I will give it a clean for the hell of it.  Not sure if I can be bothered to look for a different unit as they are so expensive.  May be I will may be I wont, I'll wait and see what appears out there.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, always worth checking, sometimes it's simple... Since you are getting it for free, if it were me, I'd get it fixed. The one that attracts me is the full rack version, so I wouldn't mind one of those, otherwise, I prefer the MP2, I like the Rockman modules, but as you say they are expensive and for me, a MP2 and decent FX unit is better IMHO. The Rockmans were before MP1/2 and awesome in there day, but always over priced, even now... They are also heavily compressed, makes them hard to place properly in a mix (if its got any dynamics).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, always worth checking, sometimes it's simple... Since you are getting it for free, if it were me, I'd get it fixed. The one that attracts me is the full rack version, so I wouldn't mind one of those, otherwise, I prefer the MP2, I like the Rockman modules, but as you say they are expensive and for me, a MP2 and decent FX unit is better IMHO. The Rockmans were before MP1/2 and awesome in there day, but always over priced, even now... They are also heavily compressed, makes them hard to place properly in a mix (if its got any dynamics).

Yeah defo gonna do summit with it.

I know you keep saying MP units are better but I'm not committing to the Rockman sound.  I do want it in my arsenal though as it's something that appeared on many records I love and it's always been a sound I admired and never knew what the hell it was until like a few weeks ago.

I get what your saying about compressed sounding but hey!!  It was stuck on a million records man and it sounded pretty f**king good to me compressed or not.  The sustainor has a compression control anyways so I could always dial that down to suit.

I wouldn't get the full rack version myself as I have no need for the extra effects.  As far as I'm concerned my "extra effects" are covered by Boss.  All I want is it's distortion and extra little phasey gizmos and gadgets.  I think the effects are pretty limited anyways.  I would never buy this bad boy for example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockman-XP100-Guitar-Amp-chorus-delay-reverb-compression-midi-sustain-distortion-/141673855057?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fc6b7851

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,are you sure your adapter has an AC (not a DC) output??Just checking.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

Man the X100 was a godsend it its day, I really like the tone also. Unfortunately, I never got to try their more tweakable units. I'd forgotten how good they are until I got it out to play you some bits. Now I'm thinking for uses for it  >:D , but a great gadget to just plug into anything and get a great tone. So hope you get your sustainer going !!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,are you sure your adapter has an AC (not a DC) output??Just checking.

ok you have me paranoid now  :lol:

here is a picture of the adapter I used, now all the lights came on but not a f**king peep in terms of sounds
see attached

now I'm pretty sure this is AC, however I just realised it has a polarity indicator on there.  I thought AC adapters don't have polarity variants?

What I mean is I thought you can only have polarity on ac/dc adapter?  So why the hell does that AC adapter have a centre pin positive?  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!   :poop:

MikeB

« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,
The symbol which is a solid line with the dashed line underneath means DC which means your adpter isn't the right one for the job.
looking forward to hearing how it goes with AC.
Mike
I don't feel tardy!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up