ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What and where to buy all 1/4" ins and outs and the volume control for MP-1  (Read 3467 times)

zandr32

I've got 2 MP-1's and most of the connectors are worn out. I mainly need the A & B out on the back plate and the input on the front. While I have them apart I'm going to replace the volume pots, so I would like info on those as well. Thanks!

zandr32

I forgot to tell you guys I'm in Nashville Tn. US

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !

I am in Los Angeles CA and I order the jacks through Studio Sounds Electronics.com out of Arizona. they have most all the jacks but need to know what you are looking for.
The almighty MJMP will have to help with the pots as they are kinda special.
I only get stuff locally that is cost effective.
I would email MJMP on the Pots though. Steve

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Well I have both the pots and jacks and ship cheap to the US.

zandr32

Forgive me guys. I'll need a couple of tries to get this forum posting thing down. I haven't been here, or on a forum for that matter in many years. I just saw that somewhere on this forum there's instructions on how to replace the original input jack with a normal jack and then hard wire it to the circuit board. Would you guys recommend that? And if so, can you point me to those instructions? I have that type of jack in my possession. This would save me a bunch of time. Also, I don't really like the plastic on the original. When I took the nut off of the jack, the old plastic had rotted and the plastic crumbled in my hand. I would think that hard wiring a better jack would be a better alternative. Btw, thanks for your replies.

zandr32

I found a photo online of what I would like to do if it works. But I can't see enough in the photo to understand what goes where. MJMP, I found your pdf file where you change the back jack to an instrument input. At some point in the future I may do that, but for now I would just like to get the front input working. It doesn't really bother me to have the input on the front of the unit.[img]

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

You can replace the front jack alone without the rear jack but you need to do a small modification so the input jack is grounded when you unplug the unit.
Also make sure you have the correct jack (switchcraft L12A, these have a longer nose, others are usually to short), also you need the plastic (fiber) washers and some good but small shielded wire. Send me an email and I'll tell you what you need to do.

zandr32

MJMP, I sent you my email addy. Hope you got it. I found out that Tube Depot is in Memphis Tn. not far from where I am in Nashville. Looks like they may have all the parts I will need. They have the switchcraft L12A and the isolation washers. So when you email me what I'll need to do the front panel input, go ahead and include the output jack model/part # if you don't mind. I got so wrapped up in the front panel, I almost forgot that I need to replace the output jacks as well.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Didn't get anything?

There is no part number on the rear jacks. So I checked the tube depot site for them and they don't seem to carry these.

But they do,   https://www.amprepairparts.com/marshalljacks.htm  (scroll down)
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

zandr32

MJMP, I just sent you my email address again. I'm clinking on your email icon. Weird that you didn't get the first one. To bad, because I sent you a nice note thanking you for helping me out.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Still haven't recieved anything. I'll send you a PM with my email
Pages: [1]   Go Up