ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise Gate location  (Read 2206 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Noise Gate location
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

SWEET! :thumb-up:

Looks like you can cover a lot of ground with that rig! I know from the gear in it, that it has a lot more potential than just what you have for your preset sounds.

I was looking at a couple of Mojotone cabs my self. Either a Slammins 2x12 or an Isocab 2x12 that I can load a couple of Altec Lansing G-17H speakers in it. I find it a little curious that you elevate yours. Personally, I prefer mine on the floor to get a bit more bass thump, but hey, to each their own.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

skarkowtsky

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Yeah, I do spend hours making my own patches with the effects, it's a lot of fun dialing in my own sound. That's the MojoTone Canyon series—quality is up there with Marshall fabrication.

I currently run a mono rig due to space limitations in our basement, but the rack can be converted to stereo in the future with just a couple of Rane splitter/ mixers added to it. I can't wait to experience stereo panning!

I put the cabinet up to align the sound field with my ears. I find everything sounds brighter/punchier. I also boost the lowest bass frequency on my Rane EQ for a tight, crunchy growl.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey John,

Yeah, I get that about aligning the sound field to your ears, that's why I was looking at the Isolation cab, or the Slammin cab. They have the front baffle angled up like that.

The Rane SM-26 is an indispensable part of my stereo racks, especially when it comes to mixing effects in parallel. I have a version 1 and one of the SM-26B models. The version 1 has an AC cord for power, the "B" has a wall-wart power supply.

You're going to love the panning delays in the stereo field. It messes with a drummer's head if you put a cab on either side of the drum riser ;D

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up