Miscellaneous > Recording - Studio Talk

New Interface: RME Babyface Pro

<< < (2/3) > >>

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: Zilthy on January 08, 2021, 10:40:32 PM ---There is a definite clarity that I was missing before.

--- End quote ---
:thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up:

Zilthy:
First project complete using the new Mac mini M1 and RME Babyface.   I am really happy with that setup.  Zero fan noise and rock solid both for the tracking/mixing/mastering and the video work, fast renders, and low latency.   I kept the buffer at 32 samples the whole way through and never had a single glitch.  Normally I have to bump them up a bit.

I used Logic Pro in native ARM mode (not Rosetta 2 Intel compatible) which did mean I had to limit myself to plugins that come with Logic.   Fortunately, it pretty much has everything I need so I did not feel a lack.   I do hope some of my sample libraries go native sooner rather than later though, but, I don't really think I need them.   Which means, I've probably spent a lot on plugins over the years that I didn't really need to spend.

Anyway, I think this might have also been one of the best mixes I've ever done, I don't know how much of that is to a change of workflow or the RME interface (It really does seem clearer than my old Focusrite, especially in the imaging end of things)

Peter H. Boer:
That mix is indeed sounding nice and clear.

And so does the playing  8) 8) 8)

Slimjim:
Peter, your good advice from 12 years ago DID take a while to implement, but I still credit your good advice to any who would ask how and why I record. Nice to see you're still doing it even now. Heartwarming.

Zilthy you have a new subscriber!  :whoohoo!:

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: Slimjim on January 12, 2021, 03:55:32 PM ---Peter, your good advice from 12 years ago DID take a while to implement, but I still credit your good advice to any who would ask how and why I record. Nice to see you're still doing it even now. Heartwarming.

--- End quote ---
^-^ ^-^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version