Miscellaneous > Recording - Studio Talk

New Interface: RME Babyface Pro

<< < (3/3)

MarshallJMP:
Zilthy that was really good, nice playing and the mix was on point. Nice guitar sound too, what plugin did you use?

You now have 2 new subscribers!  ;D

Zilthy:
Thank you everyone!

@MarshallJMP The guitar was not a plugin, that was my amp.   I just meant only using plugins that came with logic like EQ, compressors, etc and no 3rd party plugins.

Signal Chain:  Les Paul Traditional Pro V -> MXR GT-OD (clean boost) -> MXR Smart Gate -> Synergy SYN-30 [Soldano SLO module] -> Boss WAZA Tube Amp Expander [ Custom IR blend ].   There were just a couple bars with a MXR Micro Flanger on after the solo.

Very little processing on the guitar sounds, only a high and low pass filter with the channel EQ and a stereo delay plugin on a bus for the lead guitar.

It took me long enough to finally learn to fix it when tracking, and not try and fix it in the mix. :D

Another change I made this time was I defined the stages a bit more too.  So, I didn't start mixing (other than the most basic setting of levels while tracking) until I was done tracking and producing, which lead to a couple of things I might not have normally done and gave the outro a bit more flavor.   Once I had that I committed to it, and then just did the mixing.   As mentioned before, I didn't do a whole lot, just a little eq and some compression on the bass and some drums, a splash of reverb on a couple of busses.   Then I committed to that and finally did the master as it's own separate process.

I found it really helpful approaching it that way.   Before I would often go back and forth and be doing it all at once.   For me I ended up with something much stronger this time, and the mixing and mastering were the 'icing' rather than the cake.

Dante:
Agreed  :thumb-up:

Clean mix indeed! Nice playing too (as usual), lots of pinch harmonics ;)

MarshallJMP:
Damn, I thought you found a really good sounding plugin  ;D

Harley Hexxe:
Make that 3 new subscribers :thumb-up:

Good sounding recording!

Harley 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version