ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternate wiring layout for Les Paul type guitars  (Read 2074 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Okay, I had two guitars wired this way, so I'm pretty sure it was intentional. One was a 1977 Ibanez and the other is a 1978. I still have the '78. They are laid out like a Les Paul, double cutaway, bolt on neck, super heavy, Flying Finger pickups (HOT), see pic below.

The knobs are not the same layout as a LP, and i think they kinda make more sense. So, see the other two diagrams below. (Note: in the ALT diagram, the Ibanez 3-way is set up horizontal...I like to use my 3-way like a kill switch, so I cocked it a bit)

I am thinking of rerouting the pots and twisting the 3-way switch in my two AR model Ibanez' too. If you have enough wire, no soldering required, just unscrew and rearrange.

Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Aelfad

The way the switch is traditionally arranged has never made sense to me - maybe it's because I started w/ Stratocaster and I've never had an LP-style guitar. So I like your idea very much.
BTW, do you ever use the tone pots?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

BTW, do you ever use the tone pots?

Not on my Les Paul guitars...but I do sometimes on the middle pickups of other guitars. Not a necessity at all. I could live without it.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

It probably makes more sense when you see the guitar I'm talking about...with some notation. This is a 1978 Ibanez CN200. I had a '79 CN250 that was wired the same way. The toggle switch is down by the knobs, which I like. The knobs are arranged a bit differently than a typical LP too.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: [1]   Go Up