ADA Preamps > ADA MP1 Channel

This thing kicks ass

<< < (2/6) > >>

rabidgerry:
Am not really interested in the MP1 channel myself but I'm glad it sounds good but I was just wondering is it high voltage?

Like the Ibanez TK999HT or the Blackstar - DistX pedals are high voltage and I can vouch for them and say they feel  like proper amp in boxes, the feel is amazing.  Blackstar is very very dark though.

Iperfungus:
ADA reports 270V at tubes..

rabidgerry:
The MP1 channel is 270v?  Are you sure you don't mean the MP1 with MDRT?  I'm very surprised if that is the case.

****edit**** just checked the spec on the ADA Website and I see they say 270v.  Very surprised at that.  Still wouldn't buy one  :lol:

When I was looking for something to take with me on the plane for a show in Germany this year I took the TK999HT as it has a great reputation and sound.  I managed to get one last year for a good price.  Same as the Blackstar. 

I have never seen an MP1 channel go for what I would call "a good price"  but now I know it is proper high voltage I might have considered it as a viable flight rig solution.  The prices for them are insane, not available in UK ever and to buy one from overseas just isn't worth it.

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: rabidgerry on June 19, 2020, 02:03:49 AM ---Are you sure you don't mean the MP1 with MDRT?

--- End quote ---

MDRT runs tubes at 240V...but you've found MP1 Channel's specs on ADA site.
270V are true high voltage, indeed...  :lol:

--- Quote from: rabidgerry on June 19, 2020, 02:03:49 AM ---I have never seen an MP1 channel go for what I would call "a good price" 

--- End quote ---

Me too...but sometimes...

https://www.musicash.it/chitarre/effetti-chitarra/1203-ada-mp-1-channel.html

159 euros was a very reasonable price.
But I missed it...

Chris5150:
Yes, you guys are on the money. It has less compression than the rack MP1 and I believe that is the greatest difference in tone. I know it is super pricey but the thing is a no BS pimped out MP1. I'm going to record with it and play live with it when I can, I suppose if I need to bust out the cabinets I can take the real deal with me, but when they just want me to plug into the PA I can just grab my piece of wood with all my crap on it and throw it in my car. I also don't care as much if this thing gets stolen, if someone stole my holy grail rack MP1 I would be in a real bad place, but this would just be more an inconvenience. The 3 MP1's I have each have their own thing going for them and this guy totally fits in the family, but I imagine just due to the pedal being modern that the tone variance is much less then trying to find another killer MP1 on reverb. If it did get jacked I wouldn't hesitate just buying another one from ADA and I'm pretty sure it would sound exactly the same. Being voiced slightly more modern I think it will allow me to get a real killer, unique high gain deathcore tone too in comparison to the rack.

I'm going to see if the definition pedal can add a little compression for me, if not I know I will at least have a great clean tone to fall back on when I turn off the MP1 channel. I'm just all stoked on ADA right now because most of the pedals I have bought in my life have been absolute garbage, just a complete waste of money, and for the first time I feel like I'm actually getting my moneys worth on this stuff. It's almost too good to be true , haha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version