ADA Preamps > ADA MP1 Channel

This thing kicks ass

<< < (6/6)

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: Chris5150 on August 21, 2020, 02:26:20 PM ---No problem, I'll get some more clips this coming Sunday.

Honestly, after plugging into my holy grail MP1 today, after messing with this pedal the past few months, there is just a certain something that the real rack mount has that the pedal severely lacks. I've tried to compensate the best I can but the rack just does the job a lot better. I'll do a few of the same riffs with just the pedal, then add the definition, then add the tech 21 so you all can hear how it's coloring the tone, and make your own decisions on if this is worth it to you. I'm kind of digging the pedal board tone I get for my band, so I'm going to continue to use it, but it's morphed away from what I consider the MP1 tone is.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Chris!
It will be an interesting test.

Anyway, the MP1 tone...resides inside a MP1 only!  :headbanger:

An A/B comparison test among the pedal and the rack MP1 would be interesting as well, if you've time.

Chris5150:
Hey all, I was set to record today but a tube went microphonic. So far I've been through 2 tubes in this thing. I don't know if I'm being rough or something when I transport my pedal board, but I've gotta change some tubes so unfortunately no clips tonight.

Chris5150:
alright I stopped being lazy and swapped a new tube in.

first riff is just ADA mp1 channel, second is MP1 with the definition, 3rd is with the definition + q strip, 4th and ending is boss SD1 - definition - mp1 channel - tech21 q strip. The last is my metal tone I record with mostly.

Iperfungus:

--- Quote from: Chris5150 on August 23, 2020, 09:50:29 PM ---alright I stopped being lazy and swapped a new tube in.

first riff is just ADA mp1 channel, second is MP1 with the definition, 3rd is with the definition + q strip, 4th and ending is boss SD1 - definition - mp1 channel - tech21 q strip. The last is my metal tone I record with mostly.

--- End quote ---

Hey! Thanks for the effort!
I've to say that my preferred combination is MP1 channel + definition, the second one: it has the right bite.
Last tone, your main recording metal tone, is 100% James Hetfield's tone from Master of Puppets!
How did you set the pedal? How much gain for OD1 and OD2? Master? Eq?

Chris5150:

--- Quote from: Iperfungus on August 24, 2020, 05:22:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chris5150 on August 23, 2020, 09:50:29 PM ---alright I stopped being lazy and swapped a new tube in.

--- End quote ---

Hey! Thanks for the effort!
I've to say that my preferred combination is MP1 channel + definition, the second one: it has the right bite.
Last tone, your main recording metal tone, is 100% James Hetfield's tone from Master of Puppets!
How did you set the pedal? How much gain for OD1 and OD2? Master? Eq?

--- End quote ---

I agree, the 2nd clip has the mojo, the definition really does act like the front end of the real MP1 with it set to 0.

for the MP1, master all the way up, bass at 11 o clock, mids at 10 o clock, treble at 1 o clock, presence max

od1 at 1 o clock od 2 at 2 o clock. The trick is not using so much gain.

Thanks man! glad you like it!

Edit: And of course, the ADA definition up front, at 0 boost. Anything more than 0 boost seems to make it a little mushy.

Last Edit: Also, the MP1 channel + definition has the same feel as the rack, which is very important. It gives the compression and pick attack back, which seemed to be lacking with just the MP1 channel. ADA should probably market both together if they want to sell it as the same tone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version