Miscellaneous > Recording - Studio Talk

New I/O day Focusrite 18i20

<< < (2/3) > >>

MarshallJMP:
Well I already need 13 tracks for the drum so 8 won't cut it for me  ;D

rnolan:
I get buy with electric kit so 8 is enough to get basic rhythm tracks and a guide vocal. But as you say, for a full kit mike up you need allot more, then stereo guitars etc

rnolan:
Update, I took the 18i20 back today, and have a PreSonus 1824 coming instead (and it's USB3 and includes StudioOne DAW).  The Focusrite MixControl is such crap, tiny white text on grey background (someone thought it looked cool but you can't read it), not a very intuitive interface (S/W that is, hardware is fine).  After I finally got it working, it didn't sound that great, quite clinical, not very "musical", allegedly Focusrite's higher end gear is better  :dunno:

Chip Roberts:

--- Quote from: rnolan on May 24, 2018, 03:24:41 AM ---Update, I took the 18i20 back today, and have a PreSonus 1824 coming instead (and it's USB3 and includes StudioOne DAW).  The Focusrite MixControl is such crap, tiny white text on grey background (someone thought it looked cool but you can't read it), not a very intuitive interface (S/W that is, hardware is fine).  After I finally got it working, it didn't sound that great, quite clinical, not very "musical", allegedly Focusrite's higher end gear is better  :dunno:

--- End quote ---

You have chosen wisely, my friend.  This was my first choice, but my peers were urging me towards the Focusrite.  I currently have Studio One Professional and I love it; the preloaded plugins are really good and you can make the tracks pretty colors.  Trying to install third part VSTs is a grotesque misadventure, though.

rnolan:
Hey Chip, thanks for the tip re VSTs  :thumb-up: .  It should arrive this week, hoping it's as easy to install as the sales guy says.  Interesting, he says it's USB 3 but when you check the model on their website it says it's USB 2  :dunno: .  So we shall see....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version