Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

[Solved by MarshallJMP] MP1 doesn't start up - mysterious blinking

(1/5) > >>

hal2000:
Hi ADA Fans,
my MP1 doesn't start up anymore. There is a dot and the number 8 blinking in the display. And 2 groups of the other leds are blinking. Sometimes it gets to start right, but when i try to edit something it goes in this blink mode after some time. Could it be a power problem? I've just replaced the battery. I attached a video showing the problem in action.
Thanks for a little help...
Greets Harald

MarshallJMP:
This can happen to mp-1's and can have different causes.Take the 2 tubes out and start it up again,let me know if that does help or not.

hal2000:
Thanks for your answer. Yes, when i remove the tubes, all is going right. Now i have put in 2 new ones but that didn't make any difference.
What now? Running without tubes wouldn't solve my problem ;-)

MarshallJMP:
Well now you can use the SS chanel  ::) :facepalm:

The problem comes from the power supply.So first i need to know the wall voltage,if it's to low this can happen.It can be other things but this is the easiest to check.Can you measure the wall voltage?

hal2000:
Thank you so much MarshallJMP (i own the jmp 1 as well ;-)
I have 2 problems: My English is not as good to discuss technical things. Second is my poor knowledge of electronics.
Anyway, i have a mulitmeter. So if you can tell me what a wall voltage is or where i have to put my cables of my multimeter,
i can measure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version