ADA Power Amps > B500B (G500S)

B500B Transformer

(1/4) > >>

rnolan:
We have the B500B transformer specs etc, the company that looked at it recons ADA got it wrong IIRC  :dunno: . It's not that you can't get a transformer to do the job, it's just fitting it in the case  :facepalm: .  So if I go with an external transformer, it will work.

Ravendk:
I'm thinking....has the B500B been notorious history of frying the tranny....if not, then ADA got it right, and the company that you approached got it wrong.....
To my knowledge the B500B and the G500S are nearly identical, except that the G500s has two identical amp boards delivering 2 x385w in 4ohm, whereas the B500B delivers 1 x 385w/4ohm for the low end and 1 x 275w/4ohm for the high end...bi-amp...I haven't seen the schematic of the B500B, but I would guess that the two amp boards in the B500B are identical and that there is some kind of damping circuit in front of the board that is used for the high end....my best guess would also been that the trannies in the two amps are identical....it would make sense production wise to use parts that are that would work in both amps....
Could I ask you to email me with the specs for the tranny, and I'll do some research and ask around some of the companies here in DK if they are up for the job...making a tranny that will fit size requirements and the electrical specs needed....

Production wise it would have made sense for ADA to put in a tranny that could be wired for different main voltages, so that they didn't have to make four different trannies for four different main voltages...

Ravendk:
Was there a specific company that made the trannies for ADA or did they make them "in the the house"....
There should be some numbers on the side of the tranny...stamped straight on to the iron...these numbers reflects the company that made the tranny and the parts/model...from what I know there is a transformer database where one could search and maybe get some more info...

rnolan:
Hey Ravendk, I'll split this off to the amp section (before Kim does LoL). And appreciate the offer of help  :thumb-up: .

rnolan:
Ok so many good questions, and this is a topic close to my heart LoL.  As far as I know (others know the history better than me) ADA got the transformers made, by who  :dunno: .  They had different transformers for all their gear, typically a US (117v), Japanese (110v) and the rest of us (240v). I agree, why didn't they use a single transformer for all that could change input voltage ?

So there are 240v B500B transformers (that fit in the case) maybe MJMP has one we could get reverse engineered ?  MJMP recons there is NO difference between the B500B and G500S (I've asked him this question a few times as the amp specs are slightly different in the B500B ie one channel less output than the other).  MJMP said there's no difference and it's just marketing ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version