Miscellaneous > Recording - Studio Talk

Youtube covers

<< < (3/4) > >>

rabidgerry:
Oh I agree, I find it hard working a lot of stuff out, and sometimes I have to go to some tab, but with that song I felt I really deciphered it well.  I know I did two tiny bits a little different, but not so much that when I played along side you wouldn't notice.

I often refer to tabs at the stage when I can't get it myself by ear.  Sometimes I then modify as do you, in order to sound a little more how I think it actually should go like (according to my ears).

rabidgerry:
Another youtube cover from me.  Another Russian band  :lol:  It's more fun doing random bands.  I mean how many Iron Maiden covers do we need?

Not perfect and I nailed it on previous takes but the dam phone ran out of battery.  I probably will do it again but here is my first attempt.  Learnt a few things during this song, proper use of the whammy bar for a start.  This encouraged me to try and be more musical with my own music.  Also there were some challenging bits in the solo (easy for others may be but difficult to me).  Overall a nice little lesson for myself if anything and a random cover of a band who's first two albums I really enjoy.  The song has an anti nuclear weapons theme I believe from lyric translations I have read.

Aelfad:
Hey, Gerry! Nice playing there.
BTW, I still have the original Demon LP by August :-)

Rusty:
Hi RG, nice wan, you have those tunes well nailed, the sound is good too, spot on, Great.  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Aelfad on August 10, 2019, 06:37:22 PM ---Hey, Gerry! Nice playing there.
BTW, I still have the original Demon LP by August :-)

--- End quote ---

Hi Aelfad, I bet that record goes for a high price these days.  They're a really good band.  Their singer (as far as I can tell) still sounds really good on more modern youtube clips of them playing live.  Unusual name for a band is "August", but hey what the hell!!!  Glad you enjoyed the playing.  I will nail it better next time though  :thumb-up:

--- Quote from: Rusty on August 11, 2019, 03:56:42 AM ---Hi RG, nice wan, you have those tunes well nailed, the sound is good too, spot on, Great.  :thumb-up:

--- End quote ---
Hi Rusty,  the "Demon" track I did a couple of years ago, probably can't play half of it now.  But the other one I've been working on for a while.  I like that song a lot so I felt it was within my playing capabilities despite the solo having stuff in it I couldn't do before so it was a lesson that paid off I feel.  Glad you liked it.

The sound is just into my Rockmaster > Boss SX700 (bit of reverb) > EPSI impulse pedal (can't remember the cab and speaker I have loaded) then direct into my multitrack.  It was hard making the video as I had three audio tracks to sync up.  That from my phone, the one I recorded on the multitrack and then the actual music track.  So I may have played that little bit tighter but it got lost in the syncing up.

Rockmaster has the two temporary mods done on it.  A lo pass EQ having a cap parallel to a resistor and then one of the coupling cap mods I spoke to you about before.  Think I will make these permanent now as I like the sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version