ADA Preamps > ADA MP1 Channel

mp-1-channel opinions

(1/3) > >>

Silverburst:
wow, to my total surprise only 2 threads in here???

so what's going on with this pedal. so little reviews online, barely any hype about it, like 0 magazine reviews?

anybody had the chance to test this first hand? Is it true to the original? Does it have something to do with the almighty 3tm? a friend of mine is in SF right now so I could let him bring one. not cheap though for a 1 channel no preset version huh? ;)

rnolan:
As most of us have MP1/2 etc we don't have allot of use for the MP1 Ch, IIRC Monty posted a youtube clip of it, it sounds fine but it's designed as a stomp box. If you were running a bunch of pedals with a standard amp setup it would be a good addition.  We are all hanging for an MP3.
There's only one dealer in Australia stocking new ADA offerings (as far as I know), but they are 800 kms away from me in Melbourne. And while I like to try one, I don't want to buy one, and as you say they are nor cheap.

As far as I can tell it's not so much 3tm inspired, more designed to replicate the original MP1 tone.

Silverburst:
thanks for the input and the welcome

yeah I'm not into racks anymore... is there really comming and MP-3???

as far as I understand about the mp-1-channel, it seems to run at high voltage and can work as a preamp on its own. I'd run it straight into the powersection of my BrownEye. And create a patch while skipping the amp's preamp with a Line6 helix.

rnolan:
We're not sure if there's a MP3 in the works, Monty from ADA has hinted something is brewing.  We started a thread discussing what each of would like in a new rack unit.

While you can run the MP1 Ch as a preamp replacement, it's designed more as a stomp box/distortion pedal.  The APP1 is designed more as a replacement preamp and has channel switching options, though is SS.  A tube version of the APP1 would be interesting. And both units reflect the move away from rack based setups over the years.

I agree, if you are running a standard amp setup with a bunch of pedals (and it seems the majority are these days) it would a perfect addition  :thumb-up:

There's a few European dealers if you wanted to buy one (http://www.adaamps.com/Dealers.htm#INTL), maybe one of them is close enough for you to go try one ?

Silverburst:
ah ok, thanks for clarifying that. Pedal tubes through preamp tubes seemed like too much ;) It is indeed too bag they did not approach the MP-1-channel the same way like the APP1.

Really hard to find resellers in EU. A lot of the addresses found on the ADA site don't have the MP-1-channel in their online shop or ADA at all. I haven't found a shop anywhere close that would have them in stock. So it's a guess and in that sense a tad expensive... uhm can't decide !  :dunno:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version