ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 - Some presets like factory preset 13 go into oscillation  (Read 886 times)

DesolationBlvd

I just put the factory presets back on my MP-1, and preset 13 "Classic Clean" goes into oscillation. The oscillation goes away as I play a note, or as I turn down the treble and presence. Is it time for a recap?

I thought there was something else wrong with the MP-1 as I was getting a high-pitched noise as the note ends, but it was the Alesis Micro Gate introducing this artifact as the gate closed. I disengaged it and turned the threshold all the way up and the artifact goes away.
« Last Edit: Time Format by DesolationBlvd »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

What are the settings for preset 13?

DesolationBlvd

Factory preset, thankfully the version 1 manual has the settings (and mine isn't a version 2).

Mem No/Program/OD1/OD2/MASTER/BASS/MID/TREBLE/PRSNCE/LOOP/DEPTH/RATE/VOICING
13/Classic clean/3.6/5.0/7.5/2/4/16/12/Out/0/0/S.S.

So the treble and presence are cranked on this preset.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

So the treble and presence are cranked on this preset.
They sure are, 16 and 12, turning them down will probably help
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DesolationBlvd

I also found another oscillation-like noise happens on higher-gain patches with the master gain cranked. The Alesis Micro Gate pings the oscillation when it shuts - that's why not all patches have this issue.

Pinging oscillation may be cool on modular synthesizers for noise explorations, but not in guitar amps.

I'll have more details after playing tonight, just as long as I don't lose myself in tweaking presets and adding FX settings on the Quadraverb.

EDIT: For now, I turned down the output and turned up the input on the Quadraverb. Much less risk of oscillation, including on factory preset 13 which had it. Still, I'd like to fix the issue altogether at one point.
« Last Edit: Time Format by DesolationBlvd »
Pages: [1]   Go Up