ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Denmark  (Read 1052 times)

TTP

Hello from Denmark
« on: Time Format »

Hi All.
Just wanted to greet you all.
Thomas form Denmark. Bass player since my teens now a lot older +50, but still as enthusiastic about music, instruments & amps as always.
Have always been the type who likes to try new equipment, but often waiting for the rush to get over and picking it up a decade or two later  :)
Same with my recently purchased MB 1. Have known about them from early 90'ties but Denmark is a small country, 6 million inhabitants, so certain pieces of gear is rare to find.
Even on european bass sites like bassic.de or Basschat.co.uk.
Other than that, I'm playing an Alembic Europe 5 and a Lefay Carlsson 5 string fretless with their stainless steel fretboard! Best fretless I've ever heard.
Gearwise, current rig consists of Glockenklang Bass-Art Classic pre-amp, programmable midicontrolled eq from Clark Teknik as well as a compressor from Klark.
Power amps from Crown and cabinets 15"and 12/6" based on Eminence speakers and Fearful designs. A few stompboxes, EBS Octaver, Carl Martin Envelope filter and tube OD.

I'll likely post a couple of technical questions as it seems the MB 1 has lost some of its pre-sets as there's no sound output between program 30 and 60 and a few other individual program lines.

Regards
Thomas 

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Hello from Denmark
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi Thomas welcome to the depot. Good to have another MB-1 user. I suggest starting a topic about the problems you have so we can chime in.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Welcome Thomas!

Great, another Bass player in here...where's Peter?

David Drake

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Welcome Thomas, While I'm not the one that will be answering your questions, I will say you are on the right track asking the Think Tank here. Short of the man himself D.T. your questions are in good hands. The MB-1 Is a Beast of a bass preamp if it can't make you sound good... Well, you know what I'm saying ;) Happy to have you abord.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Thomas, welcome to the depot  :thumb-up: :wave: .  First suggestion is (if you haven't already) have a good read of the manual.  I did some posts a while ago when I got my 2 MB-1s about how to use CC control with them.  Needs the last EPROM version (v2.05) which (if yours isn't updated yet) you can get from MJMP in Belgium.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Great, another Bass player in here...where's Peter?
I'm right here  ::)

Hello Thomas,

Welcome  8) 8)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Thomas,

Welcome to the Forum :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up