ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer FCB1010 - Analogue Switching for Rockmaster Preamp  (Read 813 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Well that explains why it was being strange.  I was working from the perspective that Sw3 and 4 only operated on their respective jacks.
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

You're right, they do, but I think only with the UNO firmware you are actually able to manipulate the other.

Now when I first started messing with this I didn't really pay much attention to how I had the extra switching capability set, but then when I started to think perhaps I need it set to have one switch turn the other off whilst turning one on it dawned on me that I actually need each to not affect the other at all!  So lets see if this works when I put it into practice.

This should allow for the following combos:

SW1 ON SW2 ON - Clean
SW1 off SW2 ON - Ultra
SW1 off SW2 off - Crunch
SW1 ON SW2 off - Clean
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Like I said before, and now you've got each Sw just doing what it's supposed to, when Sw1 is on it makes no difference what Sw2 is set to.  In the end though, wouldn't it be easier just to program the Sw settings you want into a patch for each sound?
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Well that kind of patch setup doesn't suit me so I would not do this unless I was desperate.  I'm only needing to go between Crunch and Ultra right now anyway so clean was simply to have all options available to me at the tap of a foot.  Which they are if I use a Behringer AB200.

Anyways just an update.  So it doesn't matter about the setup of the SW1 and SW2 the way I was expecting, it still didn't work.  As soon as a plug a jack from the Y cable into SW1 and a jack into SW2 I get clean and Ultra only.  If I take out SW1 jack and leave only SW2 with a jack I get ultra and crunch switchable via SW2 assigned pedal 4.  Really don't understand why this is but at least I can access the two channels that I actually need.

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up