ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP2 ver 1.33  (Read 1178 times)

Neal Saenz

MP2 ver 1.33
« on: Time Format »

Powered it up today, get a high pitched squeal and blacked out display. Turn it off and back on, every thing is normal except no saved presets and the default preset 01 is now empty. Any suggestions?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP2 ver 1.33
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Neal, well that's not something I've come across before.  No saved presets will most likely be dead memory battery.  This has been happening in MP-1s for quite a while now.  The original 3v batteries are way past their use by dates and need replacing.  The MP-2 battery mounts vertically (MP-1 mounts flat to the PCB) and I haven't come across a battery holder that would work.  I replaced one in one of my MP-2s.  I bought a CR2032 with attached "legs" and had to bend the legs quite a bit to line up with the PCB connection points (probably easier to attach a short wire to one leg). Hopefully this is all that is wrong  :dunno: .  You should be able to reload the factory presets using the "Copy Presets to User" see pg 50 in the manual (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=659.0).  The last EPROM for MP-2 is v 1.41 which has faster program change (original MP-2 had an annoying lag) but you have to switch it to "Fast" in the global settings (System Edit).  You can get an EPROM from MJMP (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/) or PM/email him from here.  If you've not read the User Manual before or haven't for a while, give it a good end to end read.  I just flipped through it to find the Copy Presets bit for you and got reminded the MP-2 has some cool Macros I've never experimented with....
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: MP2 ver 1.33
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

You can find the original battery's on the Mouser website. Don't remember the type but I'm sure I mentioned it in one of the posts here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up