ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-2 Testing if you don't play guitar - raw guitar test files  (Read 515 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Gregg, let me know how you go with these.  If this format works for your testing, then I'll do the same for a Warm Vintage patch, and finally a High Gain patch. 

Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

In case anyone is interested, this is the setup I used to make the test files: 
Not my greatest playing but that wasn't the point.  I used my TLA Ivory 5001 quad valve preamp. This let me have inst in and 2 outputs.  One output was raw guitar signal but it got some gain added to record.  The other output I sent to the MP-2 input and attenuated to not blow out the MP-2.  The raw input in 1 desk channel, the MP-2 into 2 desk channels and I fed the TC MOne fx of the desks 2 fx buses and returned into 2 channels. So 5 channels recorded.  Then I mixed off the 3 files (just muting what I didn't need), converted to flac and posted.  While the TLA says it's quad tube, that's not strictly correct, it's actually high quality SS and you can wind in some tube (one triode of its 2 12AU7s) if you want to warm up the signal.  I didn't wind in any tube as I wanted the raw guitar signal to be as raw as possible.  Obviously I couldn't keep it at inst level when it got recorded.  But this enabled me to turn the TLA output down to go into the MP-2 input and not overload it while adjusting the desk direct out for the raw channel to be suitable for the recording input.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Gregg

Thanks for these.  I will start playing around with them this weekend.

Gregg
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up