• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Is the MP-1 becoming collectable? Prices seems to be going up...

Started by D-Man, May 10, 2022, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Man

Hey y'all,

I wanted to get some feedback on ADA MP-1 availability and pricing.

I had been looking for one on a number of sites (Reverb, Ebay, Amazon, and anywere else a google search would find one) and there don't appear to be many on the market.  I eventually found one on Ebay in Europe that was 220V (that I wanted) and it looked in reasonable condition.  Seemed pricey at ~AUD$900 including shipping but I got desperate and bought it (no regrets lol).

There's a good condition unit on Gumtree (Australia) at the moment complete with foot controller priced at AUD$1200.  Others on Reverb are higher at around AUD$1500 and then there's Bill Corgan's going for AUD$6000!!!! (tell him he's dreaming...)

I have not seen an MP-2 for sale either (yet...)

How is pricing and availability locally elsewhere?

Cheers

rnolan

Hey D-Man, the prices do seem to be continually going up, good if you want to sell one, no so much if you want to pick one up.  MP-2s don't seem to come up very often.  For me $500 AUD (with MXC pedal pack) is a reasonable price point, well it used to be, not so sure these days  :dunno: .  Pardon my ignorance, but who is Bill Corgan? and what's so special about his MP-1 to make it $6k?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

I think it's the guitar player from the Smashing Pumpkins??

Dante

Yeah guys, that's who he is - haha

Billy Corgan. Epic gains, check out his stuff. You probably already know the music

Still, I won't pay $6k for any MP-1

They are definitely continuing to climb. As Richard says, good if you're looking to sell, but good luck finding one. I'm hanging on to the MP-2 and MP-1 Classic i have.

I keep debating buying another MXC, but I also keep fixing mine so it's not really an issue. Someday, I'll use metal buttons and be done with it...whoops, off topic now....ramblin ramblin ramblin

Harley Hexxe

Hey D-Man,

Everything is going up these days. ADA gear has been on the rise for quite some time now, but seems to have accelerated a bit more in recent weeks.

Occasionally, MP-2's do pop up but the prices I've seen for them on Reverb is pretty much what they sold for when they were new. Not something I find reasonable for a 30+ year old piece of equipment. I guess it depends on how much someone wants something and is willing to pay for it.

It doesn't matter if a MP-1 belonged to Billy Corgan or not, it's definitely not worth what that joker is asking for it.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

D-Man

Thanks all, taking comfort I didn't overpay and, in any case, gigged with the unit for the first time last night and it was great.

Yes, Billy pulled some good Pumpkin tones, but the $5k premium for his greasy fingerprints over the front panel is too much...

rnolan

(gigged with the unit for the first time last night and it was great.) Ahh brings back memories when I first started using MP-1,  :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on May 11, 2022, 01:22:45 PM

It doesn't matter if a MP-1 belonged to Billy Corgan or not, it's definitely not worth what that joker is asking for it.

Harley 8)

+1 :thumb-up: