ADA Preamps > MP-2

MP-2 firmware image v 1.41 download

(1/3) > >>

Gregg:
The MP-2 I am working on has firmware version 1.31 programmed.  I have the equipment to program a new 27C256 EPROM and have some 27C256s in stock from the vintage arcade game repairs I do.  Does anyone have a firmware image of 1.41 that they can share with me?

Would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

Gregg

rnolan:
Hey Gregg, MarshallJMP makes copies and sells them (https://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm).  But he seems to be MIA at the moment, not sure why (and it's not like him  :crazy: :dunno: ).   I have seen them (pre programmed 1.41 EPROMs) on other places e.g. evil bay, maybe Reverb?? 

I've not seen the image available (not that it would be hard to make I suspect (if you had the right gear..))  Maybe someone else here can help?

It's definitely an update you want/need to do.  The (midi) patch changes are "painfully" slow with the original firmware.  ADA updated to 1.41 very quickly to fix it when the MP-2 was released (I was an early adopter). v1.41 includes a setting to set program changes to normal or fast.  I've no idea why you'd want to use the "normal" setting.  It was almost unusable.

Gregg:
I definitely have the right equipment to copy the firmware EPROM if someone in the community sent me one.  Would also make the file available for folks in the community to DIY their own EPROM if they had the equipment.  But of course someone would have to trust me with their precious v 1.41 firmware EPROM.

Gregg

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Gregg,

What part of the world are you in if I may ask?

Worst case scenario, if we can't get you the eprom, could you still copy it from a MP-2?

Harley 8)

Gregg:
Given an MP-2 or just the firmware chip from one, I could easily copy the firmware. 

I am near Reno, NV in the USA.

Gregg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version