ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul Gilbert patches  (Read 13807 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Paul Gilbert patches
« on: Time Format »

Here are some of Paul Gilbert's MP-1 patches for ya. The links point to some JPGs of his patches

Page One
Page Two
Page Three
Page Four

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rennerskt

Re: Paul Gilbert patches
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Here are some of Paul Gilbert's MP-1 patches for ya. The links point to some JPGs of his patches

Page One
Page Two
Page Three
Page Four

Enjoy!
Hi Dante,

I am a new MP-1 user and a Paul Gilbert Fan!
I suppose you have tried this patches already. Could you please tell me which ones are PG's most used patches for rhythm, lead and clean?

Thanks a lot mate,

Best Regards

Roberto Renner

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hello rennerskt,

Actually, it's been so long since I had a stock MP-1 that I hardly remember these. I use a Classic and an MP-2 now. Other folks in here have probably tried them more recently than me. Sorry I can't be of more help

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey rennerskt, I haven't run them up either, and I now use MP2 but my mate has my old MP1 so we may try some of the patches, given I very much like Paul Gilbert also (did green tinted 60s mind and drill song in one of the bands I was in, but I was MP2 by then...).
To make sense of the patches (they'll never be the same for anyone else but him BTW), the higher OD setting patches are most likely lead, middle ODs are most likely rhythm, and lower (clean tube voice) the more clean sounds (like a little to loose at the start ?) but I'm educated guessing  :crazy: .
The main sound comes from his fingers (as does/should all guitar), the great thing about electric guitar is the more you put in the more you get out  >:D so I destroy picks... >:D the next is the guitar and it's PUs, then preamp (so he's adjusting the MP1 to suit his playing and guitar), then comes fx (I think he's a bit like me, just delay and reverb, let you fingers do the talking).
Program a couple in and play with them (I'd recommend loud, these aren't bedroom patches  >:D )
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rennerskt

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks rnolan and Dante for the replys.

Take care mates.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey rennerskt, no worries, when I get a chance I'll run a couple of his patches up on my mates MP1 and see if I can get close to what he's doing and give you some feedback.
PUs make a biggg difference BTW. I posted some of my 1992 MP1 patches recently and my mate loaded them into his MP1, he has a les paul, and said man the clean patch isn't clean at all. So I pluged my Andeson through it (which I'd used to create the patch) So Ultrasonic Ref 3's (they're very flat, twin coil but single coil size), neck PU in series, middle PU in parallel (and middle PU lowered into the guitar as far as I can (to get it out the road of my pick)) (so a bit of a level/tone suck), sounded lovely and clean. Not sure what PUs PG used but they are a big part of the sound.
Hard part I always found with MP1/2 is when to stop tweaking (i.e. that's the sound, it good enough), they are so versatile/tweak-able.
Initially I took sound 001 Marshall and played around with it, later I ran sounds up from scratch (but always at stage volume, you can turn a good stage patch down and still works in bedroom, turning bedroom patches up to stage volume doesn't work as well as the dynamics and freq response change dramatically).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up