ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 and noise reduction  (Read 10726 times)

rennerskt

MP-1 and noise reduction
« on: Time Format »

Hi folks,

I know this is personal but I would like to know if you guys use the MP-1 with any kind of noise reduction.
Most of my patches are distortion tube with overdrive above 7 and I thinking I will have to buy some noise gate.

Best Regards,

Roberto Renner.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: MP-1 and noise reduction
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey man, not to personal  :)

Yeah I use noise reduction with mine.  It give noise same as any other distortion device.  People go on about MP1 being particularly noisey unit hence the invent of the noise mod, however it just seems like any other distortion unit/device/pedal what ever that I have ever used, and there fore I need noise reduction of sorts.

I am still however, going to do the noise mod.  The logic is, if you can make the noise quieter, then you need to use less noise reduction or gate whichever you are using, perhaps both.  The less you need to use on you noise reduction unit the better.

I recently bought this. no idea if it is shit or not, I got it quite cheap.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1996_articles/feb96/rocktron.html

I also have the boss which I really like as well (quite rare this)

http://www.gearjunkies.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=6&products_id=16044&PHPSESSID=ae6fff6bebc395b9b35999b527ee3428

http://www.bossarea.com/other/ns50.asp

I bought these for when I finally piece a rack system together.  Currently I use onboard noise reduction on my Boss GT5 with ADA MP1 in the loop.  I place the reduction after any/main source of distortion.  I don't need much with a sheilded guitar :)

Hope this helps buddy  :thumb-up:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

You can´t go wrong with a Rocktron Hush.... I personally prefer the older units, the Hush 2000 in particular. Can be found pretty cheap on the occasion market (eBay,.....).

If you wanna spend some more $$$ the ISP Decimator ProRack-G is one of the top-of-the-shelf units.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

You can´t go wrong with a Rocktron Hush.... I personally prefer the older units, the Hush 2000 in particular. Can be found pretty cheap on the occasion market (eBay,.....).

If you wanna spend some more $$$ the ISP Decimator ProRack-G is one of the top-of-the-shelf units.

Is my rocktron unit an old one?  say's 1996 on the link for a review that I posted?  Why are the new ones shit?

I had a decimator g-string!!!  It was good but not amazing.  Sold it though as all the kids are talking about them these days so I got my money back  :)  I learned how to roll back the gain a little  :lol:

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Is my rocktron unit an old one?  say's 1996 on the link for a review that I posted?  Why are the new ones shit?

I had a decimator g-string!!!  It was good but not amazing.  Sold it though as all the kids are talking about them these days so I got my money back  :)  I learned how to roll back the gain a little  :lol:

Jaa, that´s a good trusted IICX, can't go wrong with these.
I´m not saying the new ones are shit....I prefer the old ones sound-wise (to my ears).
At the end of the day, once the drummer enters the room you won´t hear a difference  :lol:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Went trough a lot of noise gates (Hush mostly,even a 3630) i still prefer to use the far superior decimator pro G rack.It works very well and shuts down very quick.Another one i always loved and still use in my pedal board is the boss NS-2,too bad it never came out in a rack version.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Went trough a lot of noise gates (Hush mostly,even a 3630) i still prefer to use the far superior decimator pro G rack.It works very well and shuts down very quick.Another one i always loved and still use in my pedal board is the boss NS-2,too bad it never came out in a rack version.

It did, the Boss NS-50 was/is basically an NS-2 in half rack format.  It's better though as it can track the input, bit like a decimator and has some better technology apparently.  You don't need one now anyways.

I didn't like the decimator, well I did and I didn't, good for some stuff, but felt unnatural at times.

No matter what you have with noise, I'm a firm believer in, making everything else as quiet as possible before you even get your noise reduction happening.  Shield your guitar, use good cable (van damme for example or anything that has low capacitance and a braid shield wire and conductive insulation). 

No matter what is the best noise reducer out there, it is still gonna be shit if you have to have it up near max to get what your stuff quiet.  None of them are going to eliminate noisey crappy rigs.  Well just my thoughts anyway.

rennerskt

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I think I will go with Hush Ultra.

Best Regards,

Roberto Renner

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

The ns-2 also tracks the input.Didn't know about the NS-50,you learn every day!
But you're right,first try to keep the rig as low noise as you can.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

I use the NS-2 to quiet my Dimarzio Super Distortion P/U as well as my CS-3 comp, to keep my rack quiet the Hush II Super C works great in my rig!
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

I use the NS-2 to quiet my Dimarzio Super Distortion P/U as well as my CS-3 comp, to keep my rack quiet the Hush II Super C works great in my rig!

SUPER D all the way my man  :metal: !!!!!!

I still have yet to crack open my Rocktron IIcx  Does anyone know if this is a good Hush or a shit Hush

The ns-2 also tracks the input.Didn't know about the NS-50,you learn every day!
But you're right,first try to keep the rig as low noise as you can.

Ahh I was thinking of the NS-1 which doesn't track.

Yeah NS-50 was half rack.  It can fit into a rack using a special fixture.  Here is a rack with lots of half rack stuff fitted.  This is not quite how I have saw the NS-50 mounted.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Ahh the NF-1 (you mean the NF-1 right),still have mine, bought back in the 80's.

So did you had the chance to compare the NS-2 and the NS-50,maybe gonna search for one.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Ahh the NF-1 (you mean the NF-1 right),still have mine, bought back in the 80's.

So did you had the chance to compare the NS-2 and the NS-50,maybe gonna search for one.
hahahah yeah NF-1 sorry  :dunno:  anyways what the hell is the difference between NS-1 and NS-2?

Ok I thought the NS-50 was a little better than NS-2.  Very similar my MJMP.  No worse let's put it that way.  I got mine literally for hardly anything on ebay this year.  Normally they go for around 50US I think.  I got mine for $30  The adapter I was on about is a RAD50 adapter.

here is the manual

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CC4QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.rolandus.com%2Fmanuals%2FNS-50_OM.pdf&ei=OEWTVO22BozB7AbNkICgDg&usg=AFQjCNHky1lut7mDJPEVzBdA1kMBU_6cuA

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

I must say i never saw an NS-1 only the NS-2?

Well just looked on the bay and found some NS-50's going for around 80 to 90 euro's.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

I must say i never saw an NS-1 only the NS-2?

Well just looked on the bay and found some NS-50's going for around 80 to 90 euro's.

Whats funny is...............................................there is actually no dam NS-1 hahahahahahhahaha

I was thinking of NF-1 all along!!!  Why did they call is NS-2 like it was the sequel to the NS-1!!  And there isn't an NS-1???  holy shit!!!!  :dunno:

NS-50 I LIKE!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up