ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My new MP-1 Demo video!  (Read 1653 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
My new MP-1 Demo video!
« on: Time Format »

Man I'm excited to share this with you guys! This has been a LONG ride and Rnolan and MMJP were along with me for all of it!

As I mentioned back 2016 and 2017 I had purchased 11 ADA MP-1s and NONE of them worked properly!  :dunno: :o

But after talking to my friend Orkun whom I met on here in 2016 and him asking questions and us talking about guitar tone and rack the MP-1 would always come up! And it got me thinking about it again and really wanting one! So last week I caught a break and found one at a great price and it's awesome so I have to share with you all!

Enjoy  :)

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: My new MP-1 Demo video!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

You're not enjoying that MP-1 are you?  :lol:

Rock on man!  :ada-big:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Awesome video as always Brother!  :headbanger:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Great video, and even more GREAT playing, you're really good!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey you guys are awesome and thank you for the kind words and support!!! :banana:

This video would not have been made without your helps Folks! Love to all <3  :whoohoo!:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Glad we could help out  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, awesome video my friend  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .  It sounds great, and just flat eq (go figure, nice ax BTW drool...one you made I suspect), well a little treb for the clean.  So on your SS clean patch, the OD1 at 6.5 is the compression (only comes in on the SS voice).  Really nice tones (and why I fell in love with my first MP-1).  Have you tried it in stereo across 2 JVMs yet?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, awesome video my friend  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .  It sounds great, and just flat eq (go figure, nice ax BTW drool...one you made I suspect), well a little treb for the clean.  So on your SS clean patch, the OD1 at 6.5 is the compression (only comes in on the SS voice).  Really nice tones (and why I fell in love with my first MP-1).  Have you tried it in stereo across 2 JVMs yet?

Thank you R for the kind words! Yes just a flat EQ - and one thing I will say about this; the camera DOES NOT CAPTURE THE REAL SOUND! I watched back on the video myself and thinking "Man it sounds like I have a blanket over the camera mike" but that's what I deal with recording straight in like that  ;D

But what a great idea about the dual JVMs!!!! :banana-trip:

I guess I'm jumping back into this deeper and faster than I thought I would - I've already ordered a rack box plus blank rack space and screws and washers plus I'm trolling Reverb and Ebay now for rack power amps again too LOL! SO I'm having a lot of fun with this - thanks to everyone!  :banana:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Danny,

You should definitely plug the MP-1 into two JVM's and give the stereo chorus a go. Just make sure the cabs are at opposite ends of the wall.

Just a footnote: Program 1 is the MP-1's JCM 800 sound, program 2 is the Roland Jazz Chorus sound. You should try some of the other programs through the JVMs, You might find some very interesting gems along the way :thumb-up:

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Danny,

You should definitely plug the MP-1 into two JVM's and give the stereo chorus a go. Just make sure the cabs are at opposite ends of the wall.

Just a footnote: Program 1 is the MP-1's JCM 800 sound, program 2 is the Roland Jazz Chorus sound. You should try some of the other programs through the JVMs, You might find some very interesting gems along the way :thumb-up:

Yes Sir Harley and great suggestion! I just responded to your other comment about this and Man I will tell you my head is SPINNING! Serious Vertigo from all the swishing chorus and it sounds awesome!!

And yes I'm diving more into this deeper and deeper!  ;D

I did have another question for you but I will find the thread it was started in Harley  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, awesome video my friend  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .  It sounds great, and just flat eq (go figure, nice ax BTW drool...one you made I suspect)

Hey R sorry I missed this question, and yes it's one of my DeJayce WorkHorse guitars, the only thing I play honestly!  :banana:

And the pickup is the only pickup I use - the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom which is a 14k output Alnico 2, medium to high gain output pickup; I just can''t do everything I want to with more gain because it becomes mush and you can't hear it. So I go a little less  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, I listened to the clip through decent speakers and I instantly worked out the mic wasn't doing it justice, so I extrapolated what it really sounded like, but it was impressive non the less.  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, I listened to the clip through decent speakers and I instantly worked out the mic wasn't doing it justice, so I extrapolated what it really sounded like, but it was impressive non the less.  :thumb-up:

Yeah this has been a nightmare for me for years trying to make a decent sounding video of my Wall of Marshall! I tried lower the volume and moving the camera but this is a good as I can get for now. But like I said it sounds SO GOOD right here live - as I'm sure all of you know from your own rigs!  :headbanger:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Yeah Danny,

We do know that with our rigs.

Camera mics suck when it comes to capturing the actual sound. SM57s placed across the wall and mixed with correct panning helps get closer. It helps to have a mixing desk for that.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Yeah Danny,

We do know that with our rigs.

Camera mics suck when it comes to capturing the actual sound. SM57s placed across the wall and mixed with correct panning helps get closer. It helps to have a mixing desk for that.

Yeah I'm just hopingI can get lucky one time and catch a good sound right off the camera butithasnt happen yet
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up