Non ADA Gear > Guitars

Strat Saddles

(1/3) > >>

rnolan:
My guitar student bought a Fernandes Strat recently but the saddles were too wide and the strings spacings etc. weren't working properly.  So he bought some saddles he liked (where the alan screws don't poke out the top) and we fitted them the other night.  Now all aligns as it should  :whoohoo!: .  He also liked that they have a v indent for the string.

Dante:
I like those. I hate my strat bridges with their sharp little grub screws sticking out the top....always pissed me off. You pay that much for a Strat and you get a crappy bridge? Sheesh

Iperfungus:
Are those Highwood saddles Rich?
I'm going to buy a set for an assembled Strat I'm working on, for the same reason.

rnolan:
Hey Max, yes they are Highwood, he bought them from StewMac https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardware/bridges-and-tailpieces/bridges-and-tailpieces-for-electric-guitar/highwood-contoured-vintage-saddles-for-strat---set-of-6.  Really well made saddles, albeit not cheap @$92 AUD. 

--- Quote from: Dante on March 23, 2024, 08:44:17 AM ---I like those. I hate my strat bridges with their sharp little grub screws sticking out the top....always pissed me off. You pay that much for a Strat and you get a crappy bridge? Sheesh

--- End quote ---
+1 :facepalm:

Harley Hexxe:
There are shorter replacement allen screws for strat bridges. I may look for some of those.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version