ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

MP1 value...

(1/8) > >>

vmaxvmax:
Anyone have a good idea what an MP1 is worth? - I am pondering selling mine to go towards a Les Paul but prices on eBay and Reverb seem all over the place...

Mine is a later (no switch on top)version with firmware 2.01, 240v with JMP's noise mods, tidy.

I am not yet sure about selling but a realistic idea of its value may help me decide...

Any clues what I should ask for?

Dante:
That's a good question - as you say, prices are all over the map. I say, get as much as you can, while you can. If there is a sudden glut of MP1s on Reverb and they're all overpriced, start up your ad with a slightly lower price (it'll probably still be double what you paid for it)

Go get your Les Paul

vmaxvmax:
Thank you Dante for your answer and encouragement!

I can’t even remember what I paid when I bought it new all those years ago! I chose the MP1 plus  ADA B200 and a Marshall 4 x 12 over a Mesa Boogie mk4 after a music shop allowed me to take it all home for a weekend in order to decide!

rnolan:
Well new (back in the day) they were very expensive.  IIRC back in the late 80's I paid over $1500 AUD for my MP-1 (pretty much the first one in Australia), the present day value of that is over $4000AUD.  You also need to consider that you are selling the later hardware version (no top switch or line level rear jack), the last EPROM available (2.01) and noise mods all done (so value added, nothing much for buyer to do/spend on it, (BTW is the battery mod done??) except maybe Tubes).   
Just had a look at reverb and evilbay listings, they are all north of $1000 USD and, from others' experience, the price doesn't grantee a good one.

My guess is 1200 Eros (since your in France?) is a fair price.  :wave: However, I would hold onto it so you've got something awesome to play your new LP through and find something else to sell to help that purchase. IMHO, the ADA preamps are "still" the best available (albeit 2nd hand now).

vmaxvmax:

--- Quote from: rnolan on January 16, 2024, 08:35:49 PM ---Well new (back in the day) they were very expensive.  IIRC back in the late 80's I paid over $1500 AUD for my MP-1 (pretty much the first one in Australia), the present day value of that is over $4000AUD.  You also need to consider that you are selling the later hardware version (no top switch or line level rear jack), the last EPROM available (2.01) and noise mods all done (so value added, nothing much for buyer to do/spend on it, (BTW is the battery mod done??) except maybe Tubes).   
Just had a look at reverb and evilbay listings, they are all north of $1000 USD and, from others' experience, the price doesn't grantee a good one.

My guess is 1200 Eros (since your in France?) is a fair price.  :wave: However, I would hold onto it so you've got something awesome to play your new LP through and find something else to sell to help that purchase. IMHO, the ADA preamps are "still" the best available (albeit 2nd hand now).

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your helpful reply! I had forgotten how expensive it was!

Yes, I have also done the battery mod.

I do have some misgivings about whether or not to sell the MP1 but in reality I only use it occasionally. My rack with MP1, Alesis Quadraverb, Rocktron Xpression and Marshall 9100 with 4 x 12 just sit gathering dust as nowadays I just use my self built 18 watt Marshall clone.

I am still undecided…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version