ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Programming advice

(1/3) > >>

Syntho:
There exists a nice pdf book for the Boss GT series of pedalboards that's chock full of patch programming advice. Does something like that exist for the MP1? If not, is there something like a compendium of threads listed somewhere? I guess my next best option is reading every thread on this forum that I possibly can, but that'd take forever!

vansinn:
Nope, no such compendium available.
WRT search, you best option will likely be to use google like this:

--- Code: ---site:/adadepot.com mp-1 mp1 +"question string"

--- End code ---

And, you yourself said it, read a lot - and ask a bunch of questions ;)

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Syntho,

A good place to start would be the owners manual. They're available in .pdf download.

Go here to get them:  http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=111.0

rnolan:
IIRC the MP-1 manual is quite good regarding advice and ideas, also MP-1s aren't that complicated. As Harley says it's a good place to start.  Then there's also a bunch of patch ideas in the patch section, and ask questions to your hearts content, lots of answerer's around here LoL

Syntho:
A few questions:

1) When using the distortion voicing for heavy rhythm, should I treat OD1 somewhat as a 'boost pedal', and OD2 as the amp's distortion? That looks like a decent way to look at it considering OD1 is pre-tube and OD2 is the tube gain itself: OD2 for the main dirt and OD1 to saturate it further and push it over the edge.

2) Is the Master gain simply an overall level control so that you can attain uniform gain between all of your patches? Or does it also contribute to the amount of dirt? I think it's the former.

3) Is there a consensus as to whether the clean tube voicing or the S.S. voicing is better for cleans? Or just one being better than the other, overall? I'm guessing that for ultra-cleans, S.S. is probably better, but for cleans that could benefit from a little 'sparkle' on top, the clean tube voicing is probably better.

4) I looked at some Paul Gilbert patches and I'm confused at how he has OD1 set to 0 on some of his patches. I thought that would cause no sound to come out at all  :???:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version