ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Step-Up Transformers/Voltage Regulators....  (Read 3338 times)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

Since I will have to relocate (job-wise) to abroad in the near future, I have to make up my mind about wether or not to bring all my music gear along.
Weight is not the problem since whatever belongs to my household will be moved on my employers expenses.
What however might be a problem is the voltage. Over here in Germany we have 230V/50Hz and that is what all my gear is wired for/has trannies.
The country I´ll be staying for 4 years has 100V/50Hz, so I have to come up with something to run my rig/amps.
Are there any practical pieces any of you folks has used or can recommend????

All other consumer electronics (TV, Blu-Ray, kitchen-stuff,.....) will be taken care of (also courtesy of my employer), meaning I´ll get new ones over there....

All inputs welcome, fire away!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Step-Up Transformers/Voltage Regulators....
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey SC, where are they sending you ? Or mabe you can't say ? Transformer wise, I used a step down trannie to run a US microtube (had a bit of hum) but then used the same for a US B200s which worked fine (then we changed out the trannie for a new toroidal).  So as you I'm on 240v/50hz. But you'll need a step up trannie, 100v50hz to 240v 50z (at least the frequency is the same).  I'd be thinking decent step up tannie (with plenty of gusto) into a solid decoupled UPS (the better ones aren't cheep), check computer UPS for server rooms is the kind of thing I'd suggest (not sure if these can come with various input voltages but I'll check, I used to work in a gov Dept with lots of overseas posts/missions, and the tech guys there may have some ideas worth considering ?).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Found this one (http://www.isobox.com/medical_grade_transformer_M.htm), need to add up all your gear to ensure enough power, this one tops out at 1 KVA, power amps are probably your biggest draw.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the inputs, I´ll check these....
I was also thinking along the lines of maybe a Furman AR-Pro or similar.....
Country will be Japan (East Coast/Tokyo) btw....

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey SC sent you a PM BTW.  There's options, Japan the power should be good and that step up trannie or similar should do ok, but only 1 KVA, so depends how much stuff you want to plug into it.  Need to check (add up) the KVA draw of you gadgets/gear and add a buffer (30% ish ? some so 40%).
Pages: [1]   Go Up