Non ADA Gear > Effects

wah before your MP-1/2/Classic

(1/5) > >>

El Chiguete:
So who here uses your wah before your MP-1/2/Classic?

rnolan:
Hey El, GB (George) used his Dunlop rack wah before his MP1, I think MJMP does as well (IIRC).  I use the auto wah in my MP2, I wouldn't mind getting another CC pedal for my MXC and assigning it to wah, I only have one so it's assigned to master volume (which I use all the time).
The main consideration I spose (apart from gain structure issues) is, do you distort the wah signal (wah before preamp) or wah the distorted signal (loop).  As most wah units are designed to be before the preamp/amp, they are generally instrument level devices and work better up front.

MarshallJMP:
I have a dunlop rack wah (DCR-2SR),but i also have the dunlop 535Q (the 18V version),a dunlop dimebag sig and an old boss
FW-3.

I always use them in front of the preamp or distortion.

tabascojunkie:
With my rack or any other amp I've had I've always put the wah in front. How else would it be done, in the loop?

El Chiguete:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 18, 2014, 08:16:45 AM ---I have a dunlop rack wah (DCR-2SR),but i also have the dunlop 535Q (the 18V version),a dunlop dimebag sig and an old boss
FW-3.

I always use them in front of the preamp or distortion.

--- End quote ---

So besides that they all sound different would you say one works better than the other with the MP-1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version