ADA Power Amps > B200s

B200s vs Microtube series

(1/4) > >>

El Chiguete:
What makes them different?

MarshallJMP:
Well when you come to my place you can try them out,i have a B200S and MT200 and a T100S and a B500.

rnolan:
 :whoohoo!: Power amp heaven  :thumb-up:
From the manual (attached) MT100/200 Hybrid Design: All voltage gain developed by vaccuum tubes. Output current supplied by Mosfets.
T100S: All tube Input and output stages (weighs more than Dantes car LOL), My Carvin TS100 is the same idea (all tube) but half the weight of Dantes car.
B200s: Simple solid early SS amp, not to heavy in your rack, very clean and transparent, not as much heat as all tubes ? (but does get very warm on top)
B500 (MJMP are there variants of the the B500 ?), I suspect very similar to B200s but more power (MJMP correct me if I wrong), again Solid SS amp.
As MJMP says, have a listen

RobbHell:
The ADA poweramps aren't anything to really get excited about honestly unless maybe the T100S or B500G for.sear power. I own a B200S and a friend owns a MT100. Their not bad but not the greatest. Although Lightweight and Compact they sound Very Transparent. I really don't hear much Coloring at all. What goes In gets Powered up and comes out about the same. I prefer Color out of my amps. That's the coolest thing about amps and their design. Each maker has their own Color to the Tone.

Honestly my B200S sits in an all ADA rack with my Microcab and they almost never see the light on day. I keep the B200S around as a light weight solid state backup if I ever pop a Tube. I would Never use it for a gig unless tube didn't work. Granted my EQ  can do some wonders for this amp its a bit on the Thin side when it comes to my taste. Maybe its time to Mod it Lol. I think I've already gotten too carried away with my MP1's.

I'd really like to hear a Bass rig setup and see how they push.

Hey Marshall you ever throw larger caps  power caps in a B200S? Or you leave yours alone?

Another thing is damn to they have a pop when you turn on. Not much unwanted noise other than that. What are your thoughts on pulling out the old transformer and swapping with newer toroidal transformer?

El Chiguete:
hey dont stop Robb start modding MT100s so I can use those improvements!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version