ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1/4) > >>

RandallRG:
Hey Dudes whats going on? Hope everyone is doing good. I have a Mod 4-MKII Modded MP-1 & that thing is Awesome! I get some great Tone/Sound from it for sure. Being the M-E-T-A-L HEAD that I am I was interested in the Recto Mod & saw some videos on it & thought it sounded pretty Killer. Well I just got a 3.666 Recto Mod from another Member here & let me try & put this in words that I can describe......HOLY SHIT THIS UNIT IS FREAKING KILLER!!!  :metal: I AM IN M-E-T-A-L HEAVEN! :banana-trip: LOL! THIS MOD S-C-R-E-A-M-S! I got the unit looked up the Schematic on the mod & adjusted the Pots Etc like it says to do & O.M.G.! All I can say is if anyone is into 80's M-E-T-A-L Etc like I am & you have a chance to get one of these DO IT! Some say it sounds very close to a Recto & some say it does not. Me...I like the Mod & the Sound I am getting from it so far so for right now All is good! Thanks again

El Chiguete:
Can you give examples of the tones you are getting with the tone of bands albums and songs?

rnolan:
Go Steve  :thumb-up: you're becoming (have ebcome) a true ADA convert  >:D glad it's working so well for you, many years of fun to come...

RandallRG:

--- Quote from: rnolan on April 09, 2014, 06:27:04 PM ---Go Steve  :thumb-up: you're becoming (have ebcome) a true ADA convert  >:D glad it's working so well for you, many years of fun to come...

--- End quote ---
Thanks Rich...I am trying Buddy! So far the 3.666 Mod is working out very good. The more I mess & "Tweak" it the better it sounds!  :thumb-up:
***El Chiguete...I will post some examples as soon as I can Brother...Thanks! \m/***

rnolan:
I had my old MP1 at home for a few days recently (so I could run the test using it into the MP2 loop returns to just pick up just the cabinet sims, worked like a treat BTW).  My friend (the now owner) has left my old stage patches in it which I hadn't heard for many years as I went to the MP2 as soon as they came out here.  The MP2 has lots more gain it seems and I've got used to it (again over many years), what I found really interesting, is that even though there is lots of gain in a stock MP1, I now understand why you'd add another tube to get some more i.e. 3TM etc.
Have you run it in stereo yet ?  (can't wait till you do and report.... >:D )
Cheers Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version