ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Settings for Live 80s Hair Metal Cover Band Needed!

(1/2) > >>

dweiskopf:
Hi:

First time post, so apologies if this had been asked before.  I have done toms of research and downloaded and tried lots of patches (from this site and elsewhere).  I am not having any luck finding a good patch or patches for LIVE use in my 80s hair metal cover band.  Looking for Lynch / Bratta / Skid Row / etc. sounds.  Fat, chorus, chainsaw, wet....I've tried all the posted settings.  They seem more for studio, not live use.  I'm running through VHT 2/50/2 power amp.  I've got a GSP1101 as well as needed.  Any chance someone could help?  I had good patches on the GSP1101 but they were erased so would like to try the ADA for the primary preamp sound.  We have a number of gigs coming up!....thanks!!

rnolan:
Hi dweiskopf, welcome to the depot, I'm assuming your looking for MP1 patches as you posted in the MP1 area.  There's a bunch of live patches in my old MP1, need to get my friend (current owner) to list a few so I can post them here.  The MP2 patches I posted here are also live patches, my old rhythm patch was created for the sort of music you play (but they're for MP2, quite different to MP1)
Meanwhile there are plenty of MP1 users here that have live patches run up and no doubt happy to share.  Not that I've tried them personally but the Paul Gilbert patches posted here should work well live and also be the kind of sound you are chasing.  Or run some up from scratch (as I did for all my old MP1 patches) but do it a stage volume.
Cheers Richard

Axemane:
Setting up patches at gig volume is a MUST !

Keep tweaking 'cause those types of tones are in there in spades.

A good effects processer will go a long way in nailing these tones also. If you don't have one that could be what you're missing(reverbs,delays,etc)

Cheers

rnolan:

--- Quote from: Axemane on March 06, 2014, 06:50:55 AM ---Setting up patches at gig volume is a MUST !
Keep tweaking 'cause those types of tones are in there in spades.
A good effects processer will go a long way in nailing these tones also. If you don't have one that could be what you're missing(reverbs,delays,etc)
Cheers

--- End quote ---
+1  :thumb-up:
MP1 patch 001 (Marshall) is a good place to start, copy it to a clean bank (I used bank 10) and crank it up, tweak till your happy.  I found the hard part (as the MP1 is so versatile) was when to say stop, that's a keeper  ;) .  As Axemane says, decent reverb and some delay is a must (Quadverb, Midiverb3/4, TC Gmajor, Lexicon, etc so many to pick from but quite few posts here regarding what various members find good, I use a Quadverb for delay and reverb) and above all, run the MP1 in stereo (if you can), makes a huge difference (I'll never go back to mono).  Also the MP1 chorus is very good, often better than the chorus in rack effects.

dweiskopf:
Thanks all for the helpful comments. Yes, I've spent lots of time down that road and had some great patches that I sadly lost.  I was hoping someone has some specific patches they have found great in a 4 person (mostly single guitar, sometimes second guitar,for electric rhythm or acoustic).  I just can't quite get the right settings.  Here is my rig.  Would love the help of you pros out there - we have several big gigs,coming and not a lot of time to,rebuild patches....

Guitars:Jackson (JB p/u), Peavey Vandenberg (Ruby p/u), ESP EC1000 (EMGs), Ovation --->Shure. PgX14 Wireless -->Korg DT1000 Rack Tuner -->GSP1101 --> ADA MP-1 in effects loop in stereo --> stereo outs to VHT 2/50/2 power amp --> stereo outs to 2 4x12 Marshall with stock GT speakers (power conditioner for all Monster 2500, Mogami and Monster cables); also audio technica m3 in-ears

Thanks in advance!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version