ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

I’m back!

(1/4) > >>

VoxG2:
   After a nearly 2 year experiment into the digital realm, which included selling my MP-1, I have purchased an original MP-1 and am excited for it’s return! I still have my Kemper Stage Profiler, and Helix Native, which both do many amazing things the ADA does not do, however, what the ADA MP-1 does, the Helix and Kemp WILL NOT DO. I don’t care what the modelers and profilers tell you, and what the YouTube videos show you…it’s an illusion! The MP-1 is warm and open and clean and chorusy and beautiful. NOTHING can match the MP-1 in the category that it’s in. I played several digital items through the EXACT stereo tube powered rig I did the ADA…not even close. See y’all on the front lines!

Harley Hexxe:
I suppose everything has it's place.

The modeler's are probably okay to go gig with instead of hauling a refrigerator sized rack around with a few stacks. It'll definitely save on wear and tear on your rack gear and your body as well.
     Besides, after all these years, ADA gear isn't really that road worthy anymore, and it's getting harder to find parts to repair it, let alone techs who would be willing to do it right. I'd rather not fuss with all that myself.
     Just my 0.02cents

Harley 8)

Dante:
Welcome back man, I feel you. Harley - I feel that too, I am very reluctant to bring my rack stuff anywhere.

I played a crawdad festival & there was another band there - the guy played a Kemper. I told him my Classic was gonna take his lunch money and kick sand in his face (haha) and I was right. His Tele clean tones were amazing tho, so there's that.

rnolan:
Welcome back  :thumb-up: , my live rack is still what I use. MP-2, Quadverb, MB-1 (if I need to play bass), Midverb4 (don't really use it), Carvin DCM200L, 8 input, 3 send Yamaha AM802 Mixer (velcroed to the bottom of the rack).  And generally I use a single slant split stack wired stereo.  All still going strong.
I'm still trying to get one of my 2 MP-1s working (doesn't seem to accept midi  :dunno: ) which I may swap out the MB-1 for if I can get it to work.

VoxG2:
 "I told him my Classic was gonna take his lunch money and kick sand in his face (haha) and I was right." Heck yes you were right!! Thanks for the welcome back y'all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version