ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

New (to me) MP-1 and no tube sound

<< < (2/2)

scole:
Yeah, I was looking at an MP-1 sale listing yesterday and it had the exact same cut wire and wrap as mine. I was looking at your site recently and while you do carry replacement output jacks, it looked this this specific jack was currently out of stock. Did I read that correctly?

Through my searches on here, I've seen a lot of references to v1 and v2 hardware but not a description of what the differences are (and how to determine which you have). Is one of those differences the presence/absence of the line/instrument switch for the rear jack?

Thanks!
Steve

MarshallJMP:
I'm out of the front input jack, I have the jacks that are busted on your mp-1. Seems the send jack is also starting to crack or am I seeing that wrong? Anyway if you need something just mail me.

The biggest differences are the top switch and the front jack. Also the V1 rear input is a line and not a instrument level input, while on the V2 it's also a instrument level input. Another difference can be the transformer and the white 4.3 ohm 5W resistor, but this was not on all V1 MP-1's. PCB's are also a bit different between V1 and V2.

Then there are things that "evolved" like going from ZETA C4 to vactrol opto's, reset circuit also had 4 revisions, NMI input on the Z80. Firmware went from V1.36 to 1.37 to 1.38 to 2.00 to 2.01. Some V2.00 were a sort of hybrid between the V1 and V2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version