ADA Preamps > MB-1

Houston, we have a problem...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Richard,

Thanks for posting that for me :thumb-up: I've been going through the manual, and brushing up on the MB-1 and B500B.

I don't have the Pitchtraq and Digitizer plugged in, I wanted to leave them out for the initial sound check, but they will be included in the complete bass rig when I get it working. I plan to use the Pitchtraq for one octave lower effect only in the Low channel loop, and the Digitizer for additional Chorus/Flange effect in the High channel loop, but that will come later.

I didn't get a chance to mess with it yesterday like I had planned, but I'm going to try to get to it today. I'm going to pull the MB-1 and try it through a small mixer I have here to see if I'm getting signal, then I'll plug in  one of my MP-2's into the B500B to see the same. I've already checked cables to make sure I have confirmed good ones on the initial attempt, so I'm good there.

One of the things I bought a while back is a True Tone mA reader/Cable tester, and that is something I would recommend to every guitar/bass/keyboard player, no matter what size rig you have. It saves a lot of time and guess work.

@ MJMP, thank you man! You're a life-saver :thumb-up:

Harley 8)

Peter H. Boer:
Harley,

Ouch, a none working MB-1 would be hell. (luckily I have 2)

On a SS only sound the tube stage is bypassed completely, and when both stage are on they work in parallel. So if the tubes in the MB-1 is your problem, it should only be a problem on a tube only preset.

The power amp can be checked by using a guitar preamp into that of course.

Peter

Harley Hexxe:
     Hey Peter,

I put in a new pair of tubes Friday, and they were checked on my tube tester.

Harley 8)

rnolan:
Hey Harley, no hiss at all on the B500B smells like it may be the problem.  IIRC I think there are a couple of fuses inside as well as the power fuse  :dunno:

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: rnolan on May 10, 2021, 04:49:33 AM ---Hey Harley, no hiss at all on the B500B smells like it may be the problem.  IIRC I think there are a couple of fuses inside as well as the power fuse  :dunno:

--- End quote ---

Hey Richard,

The main power light comes on so I don't think it's the main fuse. I'll open it up and look inside to see what there is.

Harley 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version