ADA Preamps > MB-1

Houston, we have a problem...

(1/3) > >>

Harley Hexxe:
        Hey Gang,

I just posted about my new bass guitar I got, which is a killer bass but, there's a downside.

I wanted to try it out in my ADA bass rig,
                MB-1
                Pitchtraq
                Digitizer 4
                B500B Bass Power Amp
                Bassline HX 2x10xH Cab
                Bassline 15

...and no sound at all. :facepalm:

I haven't turned this thing on in a couple of years, and now it seems to have gone mute on me.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be checking into it a bit more deeply to try and figure out what's going on.

MJMP, I may have a whole bunch of questions coming up in the very near future!

Harley 8)

rnolan:
Well that sucks  :facepalm: , nice rig BTW (obviously when it's working)

Harley Hexxe:
Thanks Richard,

It was working fine the last time I turned it on, which was right after I bought the power amp speakers to go with my MB-1. I plugged a guitar into it just to test it out because I didn't have a bass at that time.

The only thing I did yesterday when I was mounting all that equipment into the rack case, was put in a fresh pair of tubes in the preamp, since the ones in it were the in the preamp when I bought it a long time ago. (Mesa 7025/12AX7). I replaced them with Genalex Gold Lion CV4004 12AX7's.

I'm going to have to track down what isn't working since there isn't any sound at all. not even a hiss when I crank the power amp all the way up.

Harley 8)

rnolan:
Hey Harley, just prove each unit works individually with known good cables etc.  Fortunately you have other gear to plug things into to ensure signal is getting through etc.  Maybe re-seat the new tubes in case that's an issue, but it shouldn't be.  I'm guessing you have the pitchtraq and digitiser in the MB-1 loops ? so you can have the MB-1 full range out to one B500B channel for the Bassline HX 2 x 10 and the low to the other to feed the Bassline 15.  Noting also the MB-1 loops are series so can upset the signal chain unless you use Peters trick where you run a short patch lead between the send return of one of the loops so the other loop acts as a parallel send return.  But you know this stuff already...  Hopefully it's something simple and you can get it going and really enjoy the new bass.  I attached the MB-1 factory patch chart (it's also posted elsewhere).  Note that it has patches for both passive and active basses.  I've been using patch 14 with my Alembic and it seems to do the job.  I also found a patch around 60 ish that was a ringer for Peal Jam Jeremy.  Anyway hope you get it sorted soon  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP:
R has a point here, try to figure out which unit is not working.

@Harley, ok no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version