ADA Power Amps > Microtube 200 MT-200

New (to me) MT200 came in today

(1/4) > >>

Lyates1987:
So I recently got my hands on the MT200. It's not a bad amp at all, I was mainly in it for the 1U slot. both A and B channels seem to work fine but the Mono/Bridged channel is WAY quieter than running just the A or B channel. 200 watts at 8ohms, was definitely expecting it to be louder, not quieter. I'm gonna take a look at what's going on and report back but so far the plan is to blow out all the BS and do a reflow on the jack pcb and also give it a good dose of Deoxit. So far there doesn't seem to be any damage or blown caps/resistors etc. Haven't changed the tubes yet but thats on the list of shit to do as well. Just like any other amp, sounds great when cranked.

rnolan:
Cool, strange it's quieter in bridge mode though  :crazy:

Dante:
NICE!

Harley Hexxe:
    Hey BJ,

Sounds like you got a great deal on that one  :thumb-up:

Harley 8)

Lyates1987:
Thanks guys! So far I'm alright using just 1 channel but would like to get the bridged channel working right, unfortunately I didn't have time to work on it this weekend and still waiting fro more deoxit to come in the mail (forgot I was out!) but I'll report what I find so I can add some input regarding the bridged channel. Seems like that channel is rather finnicky based on what I've been reading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version