Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Delay/Reverb Recommendation

(1/2) > >>

Chip Roberts:
I think I might hate my Quadraverb.

Not hate, but there has to be better options out there for me.  Something about it just feels like it's taking away more than it's giving, and I hate the wall wart.  The only reason I have it is because the MIDI selections are quick and the logo matches the MP1 and Furman.

I'm looking for something a little bit gritter, like an SPX90, Midiverb II, or SDE.  Big thing is I'm not using the SPX or SDEs due to the switching issues.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I'm curious about an Intellifex or Replifex, but I'm wondering if that'll be too clean sounding?

I'm also curious about Korg DRV 2000 or even an A3, if I can find one at a decent price.

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Chip,

Years ago, I had a Digitech DSP 128. It had some decent reverb/delay combinations in it. You might be able to find a used one pretty cheap. Just a thought.

Also, some of the Lexicon units like the MPX-110 or similar, are also pretty cheap too, but they also use wall wart power supplies, and they only accept MIDI program changes on channel 1. That being said, they have Lexicon quality effects.

All of Alesis rack gear uses wall warts.

A3's are pretty hard to find, although I couldn't tell you why. When I switched to Lexicon from the Digitech, I never looked anywhere else for reverb.

Harley 8)

rnolan:
I'm really liking my TC MOneXL, it's in my studio rack really nice reverb and delay, downside it only does 2 fx at a time.  I still like my Quadverb in my live rack, it's one of the really early ones, great interface and tracks program changes very well, they are pretty versatile, maybe have a read of the manual again, my manual has a great explanation about various parameters and what they do, maybe you'll like it again  :dunno: , then again, they are quite dated these days I spose.  The Intelliflex stuff is supposed to be very good also, not that I've used one.  TC GMaj2 are also good but not cheap.

Dante:
Can't go wrong with a TCE - get a G major or better yet, a G-System. For a budget unit, look around for a Boss GX-700.

Zilthy:
I have both the Rocktron Intellifex and Replifex, and they are both great units.   I think their best feature is if you bypass the Hush, they actually have an analog dry though, and zero tone suck.   It also makes patch switching pretty seamless, even though there is a little delay in patch loading, the dry keeps going.

I like the Intellifex delays and reverbs better, but, the delay times are limited to 420ms if you use chorus + delay, delay + reverb, etc.   That's not a show stopper for me, I rarely used reverb live if ever, and recording I always do delay and reverb effects post on busses.

The Replifex is way less deep on the delays and reverbs, but it does have longer delays, and also can do spillover which is a nice touch for live.

The Intellifex and Replifex use wall wart power supplies.

I also have a Lexicon MPX-G2 (which is similar to the MPX but has additional features including some analog effects) and is geared for running 4 cable method so can put some effects in front of amp and some in the loop/after pre-amp.   It also has an analog path and is super transparent.   And finally, I have a Lexicon MX400XL which is similar in a way to the TC M-One XL (which I considered) in that the MX200/300 series could only do 2 effects at once, but the 400 allows for 4 (it has 2 processer chains so can do 2x2).   One thing I really like about the Lexicon stuff is that you can do delay and reverb in parallel, which can make them a lot cleaner, or you can chain them in either direction.

Now, that being said, I don't actually use rack stuff any more, and delay and reverb were the last holdouts in my setup - I've switched over to pedals and recently got a NUX Atlantic Delay/Reverb.   I'll post on that in the effects section, but I would seriously consider that if you already have a pedalboard, and I'll go in to why in my post on that.  The short is: it has some features that made me not miss having delay and reverb in a rack back with my rig.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version