Non ADA Gear > Amps

Synergy SYN 5050

(1/3) > >>

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Gang!

I'm just curious if anyone here has tried one of these yet? Any thoughts?

Harley 8)

Zilthy:
I haven't tried the 50/50 but I do have the SYN-30 Head and it instantly became my main amp.  :)

Pretty high quality stuff, and the 50/50 is designed by Fryette.   The only 'bad' thing I have heard about it is it has a louder fan noise than some people would like.

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: Zilthy on January 17, 2021, 09:15:09 PM ---I haven't tried the 50/50 but I do have the SYN-30 Head and it instantly became my main amp.  :)

Pretty high quality stuff, and the 50/50 is designed by Fryette.   The only 'bad' thing I have heard about it is it has a louder fan noise than some people would like.

--- End quote ---

Hey Zilthy,

Thanks for that heads up! The only place I could see where that might be an issue, would be in a studio.

Harley 8)

Harley Hexxe:
I'm going to have to try to do some comparisons... Fryette, is who took over VHT, or Steven Fryette is who developed VHT, I'm not sure.

But I'm going to have to compare VHT to Soldano and try to determine how different they are.

I never tried a VHT power amp, but I was remembering the other day, one of the first times I tried the MP-1 Classic was through the poweramp section of a Soldano HR 50. It was one of the most killer tones I've ever heard.

I know VHT's aren't bad, but I wonder how close they come to that tone?

It would be an expensive gamble to buy one of these Synergy poweramps, only to find out it doesn't have the same mojo as it's 80's predecessor.

Just some open thoughts on finding the perfect power amp for the Classic. I do have a lot of research to do on the subject.

Harley 8)

Zilthy:
On thegearpage.net in the rackspace forum, there is a long thread on synergy modular amps. There are also a lot of posts on that power amp in that thread. You could also probably get some direct opinions from the Egnater/synergy/Randall MTS group on Faceb**k. And finally Synergy also have forums.

I wish I could be more help, but I only have the head and have never tried that power Amp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version