Non ADA Gear > Guitars

NGD! Mexican Strat Plus Top :0

<< < (2/6) > >>

rabidgerry:
Superb looking guitar!

Yeah you are right about the black dots.  Keep the white ones on my axe?  Really?  I thought they look cheap.  Not really important I guess.  That floyd stays in tune as well and it's a lincensed PING version I believe they call it.  MIM's weren't as good about 20 years ago but I've had one from like 05 and then one from 09 and they were a world apart in quality.  The later being the better.

Fender have had a few different trems over the years and I have no idea why they never run with them.  Look into they exist!

Anyways I have never ever heard of the Vega-Trem you got.  I didn't really like what I saw but it looks real good on your axe.  Perhaps I need to see it in context as opposed to pictures of it by itself.  How effective for dive trem action?

Dante:
It will dive like a Floyd, until your strings are loose. It also goes UP!! Full floating trem, like my Kahler and my other Floyd. I have one that is blocked for dive-only.

Zilthy:
Nice guitar! I almost have the itch for a strat or tele myself.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Dante on January 20, 2021, 02:04:06 PM ---It will dive like a Floyd, until your strings are loose. It also goes UP!! Full floating trem, like my Kahler and my other Floyd. I have one that is blocked for dive-only.

--- End quote ---

Really?  No locks on the nut?

And what about if you string bend?

Now I have had strat regular trems have the ability to dive b*mb and whammy all day long but then they will go out of tune with a string bend.  Or I've had it where you whammy all day long and it's out of tune but then you string bend and that brings it back into tune.  I'm curious as to how the Vega-Trem beats that issue?  If I'm honest I suppose I can kind live with the "string bend to fix it" technique but I just make sure I buy locking trems on guitars instead.  Unfortunately I have a Tokai Custom Edition and it's a great guitar but only single locking at the neck and then sort of a fast insert type string holder at the bottom (I have Westone similar to this with the same issue) and it has the same thing where you either tune it to allow for string bend or tune it to allow for dive b*mb and use the opposite manoeuvre to correct the tuning.  Know what I'm talking about here or doe I sound like I'm tripppin'?  :facepalm:

--- Quote from: Zilthy on January 20, 2021, 07:01:21 PM ---Nice guitar! I almost have the itch for a strat or tele myself.

--- End quote ---

Why haven't you got one already?   ;)  Why not grab yourself one then?  I vote you look out for a nice strat  :thumb-up:

What is your current axe list right now?

Dante:
I feel your pain, Gerry. My standard Strat trems all suck. I had the stock one screwed down to the top of the body before I got the Vega-Trem. It was a stoptail.

TBH; I have no idea how the Vega gets around the tuning issue. It is remarkably stable and very smooth to use. I have .09s on it now, which I never use, so it feels especially slinky to me. I can bend for days - haha. Let's see if I start snapping high E strings...I'll go back to .10s. I used the low tension springs and it feels like a rubber band, not an industrial strength spring (like the Floyd). I took a spring out of my Floyd...I may remove another...and adjust the claw.

The Vega is way easier to string up and tune than a Floyd tho. I don't have locking tuners yet, but they are on my list fo sho. Maybe some rollers on the string trees too. I lubed up my nut (insert stupid nut joke here) with graphite and lithium grease. The grease just keeps the graphite in the grooves...or else it would blow away with the wind...it's a powder.

Zilthy: I've had lots of Strats, some were Fenders...this one's built better than most and just feels better to play. The neck is nothing like my other axes, it's thicker but it still feels great. YMMV

Dante

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version