Non ADA Gear > Guitars

NGD! Mexican Strat Plus Top :0

(1/6) > >>

Dante:
Well, I sold an amp I wasn't using for $500. The next day, I gave that same $500 to a local guy selling his beautiful MIM Fender Fat Strat.

I had a Telecaster that looked very much like it, and I miss looking at that guitar. I do not miss playing it - lol - which is why I no longer have it. Well, I enjoy playing this new girl, lemme tell ya. I can't put her down, keep grabbing her off the wall several times a day. I'm sitting on 3 fat strats now...this is the only Fender.

Somebody already put a Seymour Duncan in the bridge for me (thanks!). It came with a plain white pickguard, which did not give her the bling she justly deserves. So, I ordered a pickguard online, swapped it out (found out the Duncan is a SH-5 Custom), and moved the volume knob where I like it. I set it up with a master volume, master tone. I plan on installing a kill switch in the hole where the volume pot goes.  :metal:

My sister wanted me to name her Ginger, I am leaning towards Candy - like the ol' Montrose song; she's Rock Candy..... Hard, Sweet & Sticky

bunkyloo:
Nice guitar Dante. Like the pick guard :thumb-up:

Iperfungus:
Gorgeous, awesome looking Strat! 

rabidgerry:
That's a nice guitar Dante, I bet you it plays really nice and has a great smooth neck??

Some of you guys might laugh (yes I am a cheapscate  :facepalm: or perhaps just sensible with my money?)

but my MIM is like the most expensive guitar I have ever bought.  Personally I think it's excellent.  Apart from the solid white dots on the neck.  I should get them replaced.  I see yous is just solid black dots Dante.  Doesn't look as bad as mine.

Here is my MIM, we are in the same club now!

Dante:
Dang - that's a pretty guitar, Gerry. Love the mirrored pickguard and the floyd. Keep those white markers on the Rosewood neck. This Strat and my EVH Wolfgang are the only maple fretboards I have. Those are the only ones that look good with black dots, IMHO.

UPDATE: I finally finished up my Strat. Got a new badass killswitch for the empty volume pot hole, with a red light  O0

Also finally got my Vega-Trem bridge. MUCH better than that crappy Fender bridge. For all the money you spend on a Strat, and for all the years they've been built, you'd think Fender would make a better bridge.

I am totally smitten by this guitar, cannot keep my hands off her

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version