Non ADA Gear > Amps

Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

<< < (2/9) > >>

rnolan:
Hey Dante, great news  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .  I went to a tube rolling thingy a few years ago where the Svetlanas sounded better than anything else in Marshalls and Fender amps, the guy compared a bunch of tubes and they sounded the best for that application (both 12AX7s and power tubes).

Dante:
Well, here's an interesting development. The effects are permanently assigned to particular CC numbers. You can't change them, you have to set your pedal to activate that CC#.

The main ones I need are as follows:

* The solo boost is #64
* The Modulation effects are #52
* The Delay is #53
As far as I know, I cannot change the CC#s in my ADA MXC footswitch (see the screen shot below, I tried that, but why won't it work?). Let me know if I'm wrong because I'd really rather use my existing midi footswitch.

For now, the only options I see to switch the FX on/off are;

* Use a separate multi-effect device
* Use the proprietary footswitch that H&K makes
Since the cheapest multi effect I could find with midi is at least $300, I am opting for the H&K proprietary footswitch for $200.

For what I've spent on this Switchblade, I could've purchased a Grandmeister 36....which comes with the pedal  :hair-out:

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Dante,

Try plugging the Quad Switch in the other jack on the MXC, see if that makes any difference.

The first thing to understand is that you don't change CC assignments in the MXC or the Quad switch. What you're doing is instructing the amp to respond to that CC# when you press an assigned button on the Quad switch.

What I would do first, is try to establish that there is a communication between the amp and the MXC/Quad pedals.
                  (Super Cool little amp BTW)
            If there is some way for you to see if the amp sees the Quad switch buttons being pressed, then that's a good beginning. When you know it sees the Quad switch, then you'll have to look at how to assign that CC# to that button on the Quad Switch. I'm 99% certain it would be in the amplifier's MIDI controls to do that.

Let me know what you find out.

Harley 8)

P.S. I did a little investigating, and it looks like plugging the Quad Switch into Switch 1 on the MXC will give you CC#64 on button 1 by default. So...if you can get that to give you your boost, then all we need to do is figure out how to change CC assignments for buttons 3 and 4.

MarshallJMP:
Changing the CC numbers in the MXC should be possible, I know I have done it before.  What you can do is plug the MXC into the MP-2 and go to the midi monitor of the mp-2 so you can check what the mxc is sending out.

Dante:
I went through the whole process, and it appears to be sending a signal to the CC# I want, but it doesn't work on the amp  :dunno:

NOTE: Once you press 9+7 on the MXC, you use the Bank UP/Down to select the CC number, then press 9+1 to store it, and Bank Up to accept the store. Done. Took me a while to figure that out, it wasn't saving the change without that crucial last step.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version