Non ADA Gear > Amps

Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

<< < (9/9)

rnolan:
Without checking the manual, it may have stereo fxs, like the little Blackstar I tried out ages ago.  The stereo fxs worked for the direct to DAW outs, or I spose you could run it into another amp/cab.

Harley Hexxe:
I looked at the manual Richard, and on the back of the amp, it doesn't seem to have any DI outs to a mixing desk, or DAW.

@ Dante, You could probably run the Boss direct for stereo mixes.
   Personally speaking, I like playing in stereo. Both the Cyber Twin and Deluxe have stereo DI's to feed to a mixing desk or DAW, but both of them need to be attenuated. The Twin has balanced XLR's on the back of it while the Deluxe has balanced 1/4" (TRS). I have to run the Deluxe outs through a pair of DI boxes to get it right, and it sounds killer no matter if I'm going direct or with the Expansion amp connected to it, but adding the Twin in the center channel just totally rocks my world!

I've got to get some recordings of this rig happening

Samuraipanda:
Harley,
The effects are mono. When I use the combo with two of my splitstacks, the effects are identical in both cabs. The inboard effects are rudimentary on the modulation and you just turn the pot to find the chorus/flanger/tremolo you like and live with it. The delay has 3 knobs and is more versatile. The reverb is digital and is ok. The Mk 1 version does not have the redbox DI but I think the 2nd gen does.

https://youtu.be/lvRJoaD8oa4

Harley Hexxe:
Andy,

Thanks for the clarity about that, and it makes sense for H&K. They are primarily an amp company, not an effects company. I was just curious about how deep they went with the effects they built into an amp. I do remember reading something about plugging one of the speaker connections to a Redbox in the manual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version