ADA Preamps > MB-1

MB-1 - Should I get one?

(1/5) > >>

rabidgerry:
Is it worth getting and MB-1?

I spied one in UK and I have put down an offer.  Tube setting doesn't work though.  I figured could be useful to own though?

Thoughts guy?

rnolan:
Hey RG, definitely worth getting an MB1, fantastic bass preamp (I have 2, one live rack and one in my studio rack).  So if tube setting doesn't work it needs some TLC.  Most of the patches I use don't use the tube setting and you won't necessarily miss it but hey it should work.  It's also a good candidate for a MDRT (both mine have MDRT).  Also the last EPROM had some CC capability.  If the price is right and you can send it to MJMP for an overhaul (which is what I did with my 2), you (or your bass player) will not be disappointed.  It also works quite well for guitar clean sounds.  Both of mine are as quiet as a church mouse.

Peter H. Boer:
MB-1 Rules!!!!!!!!!
Been using it since early 90's both on stage and in the studio.
I paid full retail value when it was new, best investment in gear I made, besides my custom build basses.

Do get that tube stage working again though.
Might just be the tubes, but if not send it to MJMP for him to do his magic to it.

Peter

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: rnolan on November 25, 2020, 07:21:36 PM ---Hey RG, definitely worth getting an MB1, fantastic bass preamp (I have 2, one live rack and one in my studio rack).  So if tube setting doesn't work it needs some TLC.  Most of the patches I use don't use the tube setting and you won't necessarily miss it but hey it should work.  It's also a good candidate for a MDRT (both mine have MDRT).  Also the last EPROM had some CC capability.  If the price is right and you can send it to MJMP for an overhaul (which is what I did with my 2), you (or your bass player) will not be disappointed.  It also works quite well for guitar clean sounds.  Both of mine are as quiet as a church mouse.

--- End quote ---

Didn't think about MDRT or anything like that Richard but I'm taking you advice!  This will be for me and my studio setup!  Bass player doesn't deserve it  :lol:

--- Quote from: Peter H. Boer on November 25, 2020, 10:47:25 PM ---MB-1 Rules!!!!!!!!!
Been using it since early 90's both on stage and in the studio.
I paid full retail value when it was new, best investment in gear I made, besides my custom build basses.

Do get that tube stage working again though.
Might just be the tubes, but if not send it to MJMP for him to do his magic to it.

Peter

--- End quote ---

I knew you would say something similar to this Peter  :thumb-up:  Ok man well lets see what happens!  I put an offer in so see if the guy bites!

rabidgerry:
He drove a hard bargain the seller but I got it a bit cheaper from asking price.  My thinking was it's not working 100% so you know drop the price  :lol:

Hopefully I like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version