• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Convert or change input voltage

Started by vmaxvmax, December 24, 2019, 06:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmaxvmax

Hi,
Is it possible to rewire a USA model for EU voltages or is the tranny country specific?
Cheers and merry Christmas everybody!

rnolan

B200s is an easy change but you need to change the transformer.  There's room to mount a toroidal, you just need to buy one with the correct voltages.  I'm pretty sure I posted about this ages ago when I did one.  MJMP can tell you the voltages you need IIRC it was +30v -30v 6amp?? but it was a while ago.  I found a perfect toroidal online.  The toroidal mount with one bolt so you only have to drill a hole in the top cover and wire it up.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vmaxvmax

MarshallJMP

You need a transformer with two 30V, 4A windings.

vmaxvmax

Thank you!

I had found one on eBay for $45 in the US but unfortunately the seller wouldn't export and in the end, it went for $45 to a single bidder...

Such is life!

I let my original B200 go to rust in a garden shed in the 80's after buying a Marshall 9100.

Aelfad

If you can't find a ready-made transformer, look for some winding services. You'll definitely find them on the Internet or just ask in your local electronics store.

rnolan

Just buy a decent "new" toroidal with the correct voltage/amp (240v input - 2 x 30v 4amp outputs)  I found one in Australia online really easily.  The one I bought here fitted perfectly so check that the dimensions will work in the B200 case.  The toroidals are circular and mount with one bolt through the center.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few